CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Microsoft Expands Ad Deal With Facebook   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 778 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft Expands Ad Deal With Facebook Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Microsoft Expands Ad Deal With Facebook - 7/25/2008 11:01:59 AM   
cadoo

Chief Executive Steve Ballmer on Thursday defended Microsoft's need to make heavy investments in its Internet businesses but said the company was "done," for now, with pursuing Yahoo.

"There's nothing under discussion between the two of us," Ballmer told investors of how six months of various talks had reached an impasse earlier in July.

"We had a set of principles, we talked about them, it didn't work out," he said. "Fine, we're done. We can move on."

The message for Microsoft's annual meeting with Wall Street analysts.

Ballmer also said that Microsoft should "to embrace the internet online opportunity and invest in that."

Seeking to show momentum in its existing Internet business, Microsoft announced that it had expanded its existing pact with Facebook, the world's largest social networking site, to provide Web search and search advertising in addition to its existing deal to run graphical display ads on Facebook pages.

The expanded Facebook deal would be implemented in the next few months, and it will be limited to Facebook's U.S. pages. The pact builds on a deal in which Microsoft invested $240 million last October in Facebook for a 1.6 percent stake, valuing the company at $15 billion.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft Expands Ad Deal With Facebook Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI