CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Nvidia Joins SOI Industry Consortium   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1310 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Nvidia Joins SOI Industry Consortium Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nvidia Joins SOI Industry Consortium - 7/17/2008 2:33:23 PM   
cadoo

The SOI Industry Consortium announced that Nvidia has joined the organization.

The SOI Industry Consortium, which was formed in October 2007 by a group of companies from across the electronics industry, is aimed at accelerating silicon-on-insulator (SOI) innovation into broad markets by promoting the benefits of SOI technology and reducing the barriers to adoption.

"NVIDIA is pleased to join the SOI consortium. We are looking forward in participating on the advancement of such an innovative technology and its applications to future products," said John Chen, VP, Technology and Foundry Operations at NVIDIA.

Silicon on insulator technology (SOI) refers to the use of a layered silicon-insulator-silicon substrate in place of conventional silicon substrates in semiconductor manufacturing, especially microelectronics, to reduce parasitic device capacitance and thereby improve performance.

From a manufacturing perspective, SOI substrates are compatible with most conventional fab processes.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Nvidia Joins SOI Industry Consortium Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI