CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

DVD-RW problem   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 691 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> DVD-RW problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DVD-RW problem - 6/26/2008 10:44:10 AM   
FlashBackDVD

Hi,

this is my first post here so be kind .

I wonder if you guys can help me with this:

my DVD-RW started to not copy everything from inserted media although my DVD-ROM reads the same media fine and also started to fail in some recordings (never failed one before) , it´s less then one year old and i don´t do lots of burns!

My concern is when i send it to the shop (have to pay posts because i bought on-line in a shop in my country but very far way from my town) to make use of the guarantee, the technicians don´t see nothing wrong with the DVD-RW because the errors it make are random, although i am shore that the drive is bad.

So here goes: there is some way i can damage on purpose my drive so i shorly get a new one?

Do you have some ideias?

I really don´t want to send the unit to the shop, pay posts, wait lots of time (meanwhile i my need to burn something) and then receive the same DVD-RW back as happened to me a few years ago with an GPU that i had, in the 1ª RMA fase and only in the 2ª RMA fase the technicians finally agreed with my that the GPU was bad, this after spending lots of money and loosinf my nerves.

I know that today the DVD drives are very cheap but neverdeless right know i am complitly broke for these investments.
I also know what i am doing so please no moralisms.

Sincerly John Desmond

< Message edited by FlashBackDVD -- 6/26/2008 10:59:54 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: DVD-RW problem - 6/27/2008 4:39:05 AM   
killalot57

If you remove the casing your bound to void any warrenty you have if I understand you correctly that you'd want to damage it to get another one in return or have it refurbished, also if your trying to copy data from a dvd its most likely protected to keep people from copying movies in stuff from it so you'd want to use a program called "slysoft any dvd" to remove the protection junk.

But If you want a way to break it and make it look like an accident I'd drop it on the floor a lot "by accident wink wink" then say it was broken when I recieved it, they would probably just send you a new one then waste resourses to verify your story.

P.S. I wonder if this post is going to get deleted and if I'm gonna get banned.... In that case this entire post is actually written by my evil twin hence I am not liable for any illegal behavior it implies or whatever I like kitties. Have a good one.

< Message edited by killalot57 -- 6/27/2008 4:43:11 AM >

(in reply to FlashBackDVD)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> DVD-RW problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI