CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

my optiarc dvd rw ad 7530a ata device didn't read CDs Just DVDs   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1036 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> my optiarc dvd rw ad 7530a ata device didn't read CDs Just DVDs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
my optiarc dvd rw ad 7530a ata device didn't read CDs J... - 5/25/2008 8:20:23 PM   
sezo

I have optiarc dvd rw ad 7530a ata device and it read and write just DVDs and am using win XP SP3, i try to balance the variable resistor of the laser beam but it still can't read or write CDs, so i need some help to solve my problem if any one can and i will be thankful.
Post #: 1
RE: my optiarc dvd rw ad 7530a ata device didn't read C... - 5/25/2008 9:52:59 PM   
MP3Mogul

If I may ask:

If it was working, and you try to balance a resistor (which you can't) because they aren't adjustable once soldered to the main board in the drive......

Now it's not working.....

Solution:  Purchase a new drive......

I'm not trying to be mean, but why would you do this if your drive was working fine (according to your own post)???

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to sezo)
Post #: 2
RE: my optiarc dvd rw ad 7530a ata device didn't read C... - 5/26/2008 12:49:56 AM   
killalot57

He said he balanced a variable resister, variable resisters have an armatur that allows you to increase or decrease the resistance going though it by spinning it.

Sezo - maybe it just isn't made to be able to read cds, in which case you'll have to buy a seperate cd burner.

(in reply to sezo)
Post #: 3
RE: my optiarc dvd rw ad 7530a ata device didn't read C... - 5/26/2008 8:03:41 AM   
sezo

hi evrybody thanx for your attention

dear MP3Mougul:
when i said it was working i mean just read/write DVDs and it it still working after i balance the variable resistor which is definitly adjustable

dear killalot57:
thank you cause you understand me but with respect to the drive it's a DVD/CD Rewriteable Drive as it written on it when open it

finaly i check all the electronic devices in the drive it was working right so i think may be if i can get an update for the internal program of the drive may fix the problem so please help me to find it if you can
thank you all

(in reply to killalot57)
Post #: 4
RE: my optiarc dvd rw ad 7530a ata device didn't read C... - 5/26/2008 8:08:19 AM   
MP3Mogul

Ah, the way I read the post, it was working, now that I go back and read the entire post, only the DVD portion was working, and not CD's.  I also did not know there was an "adjustable" resistor on the armature. 

Lastly, you are looking for a "firmware" update?

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to sezo)
Post #: 5
RE: my optiarc dvd rw ad 7530a ata device didn't read C... - 5/26/2008 9:09:50 AM   
sezo

hi
thank you again for your attention
yes i am looking for a firmware update for my drive optiarc dvd rw ad-7530a
so where can i find that?
thanx

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 6
RE: my optiarc dvd rw ad 7530a ata device didn't read C... - 5/26/2008 11:27:40 PM   
monky8888

oh

Selling Laptop CD/DVD-ROM, CD/DVD Burner, hard disk, memory, power source, battery, mouse, keyboard and so on.

(in reply to sezo)
Post #: 7
RE: my optiarc dvd rw ad 7530a ata device didn't read C... - 5/27/2008 1:43:22 AM   
killalot57

Have you tried...

1.going into the "my computer"folder
2.right clicking on your dvd burner and selecting properties
3.going to the hardware tab
4.clicking properties again
5.selecting the driver tab
6.clicking update driver?

P.S. if drivers have nothing to do with firmware and I don't know what I'm talking about then I owe you a coke.

(in reply to monky8888)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> my optiarc dvd rw ad 7530a ata device didn't read CDs Just DVDs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI