CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Base encoder   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 793 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion >> Base encoder Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Base encoder - 5/13/2008 11:03:50 PM   
killalot57

I know an online text,binary,base64, etc encoder/decoder, but I want one that will convert text to a higher base like base 128 or something very large, does anyone know of one?
Post #: 1
RE: Base encoder - 5/14/2008 9:49:06 AM   
SithTracy

Sounds to me like you are looking for some encryption tools... Have you looked at GNU Privacy Guard (OpenPGP)?

(in reply to killalot57)
Post #: 2
RE: Base encoder - 5/15/2008 2:48:01 PM   
killalot57

All I can find there are source codes.... am I suppose to download them and compile the program myself?

(in reply to killalot57)
Post #: 3
RE: Base encoder - 5/15/2008 5:00:23 PM   
SithTracy

Nope, there are pre-complied windows binaries there.  Scroll down on the download page.

(in reply to killalot57)
Post #: 4
RE: Base encoder - 5/16/2008 12:48:15 AM   
killalot57

hahahahahaha I really really feel like a little nooby kid.... but anyway I had looked at the entire page and seen the binary file I just didn't know what it meant, then I downloaded it, then I looked in the programs folder and couldn't find the app.... Then I read the read me.... it was.... um.... wow. Lets keep in mind I'm not even a scriptkiddy, I'm just.... I mean.... It was a lot to take in but I'll try to figure it out to... um... you know.. advance my... knowledge or whatever, thanks.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 5
RE: Base encoder - 5/16/2008 1:17:33 AM   
killalot57

okay, it didn't take long for me to give up (I hope you not dissapointed), but I don't think I'm even really on the right track. I tried making a batch command of...

$ ./autogen.sh --build-w32
$ make
$ cp g10/gpg*.exe  /some_windows_drive/

then executing it in the "not a program" directory, but It was just a wild guess foe me that; that would work because I don't know what it means...

P.S. this is great experience for me, now I know how my mom feels when I try to explain downloading or something simple to her and she doesn't undestand, also If your like me you should be getting a little irritated...

(in reply to killalot57)
Post #: 6
RE: Base encoder - 5/16/2008 6:46:56 PM   
SithTracy

If cli (command line interface) is too much for you to figure out, try a free GUI for gpg like GPGshell.

(in reply to killalot57)
Post #: 7
RE: Base encoder - 5/18/2008 1:19:35 AM   
killalot57

Aha! I know what GUI means! thats familar, about CLI though, I'm really not good with that, I just never even started getting good at it.... whats the type of thing your would learn about to get better at that and dos commands? Java-Script?

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 8
RE: Base encoder - 5/18/2008 9:41:13 AM   
SithTracy

To learn DOS commands, learn DOS.  While it is not manuafactured anymore, there is a project called FreeDOS.  If you want to learn something that has a huge CLI interface, look at Linux.

(in reply to killalot57)
Post #: 9
RE: Base encoder - 5/19/2008 11:26:47 PM   
killalot57

Isn't linux an operating system? It would be really bad if I got a computer that relied heavily on CLI if I didn't know it at all, I'll look for a book or something on dos and start from there....

... I wish I was old enough to take computer lessons...

Can I practice dos commands by running CMD? or by writting batch commands? same thing right?

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion >> Base encoder Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote