CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

sony dru 840a or samsung SH-S202   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 736 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> sony dru 840a or samsung SH-S202 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
sony dru 840a or samsung SH-S202 - 3/14/2008 4:54:57 PM   
kamrananvaar

Hi everybody, I'd like to ask you for help in choosing dvd burner with p-ata interface.

I' ve read many reviews and opinions on the abovementioned burners and am at a loss. I simply don't know what to choose.

Priority for me is the quality, I really don't care for speed or noise the burner generates. I mostly burn DVDs, and have many disc burnt already so I am also expecting good error correction (because many of disc are already in pooor condition..).

I'd be grateful if you could give your own opinion on both:

as these r the only two dvd rw available in local markets

I am willing to upgrade or modify the firmware if it helps in features and or quality increase, even willing to cross firmware
I mean i know u can cross firmware a liteon on some sony models and if that gives a better drive that would be really kool!!
Post #: 1
RE: sony dru 840a or samsung SH-S202 - 3/15/2008 11:09:24 AM   
kamrananvaar

hi folks i got the sh-s202j/rsbn
f/w=sb01
any idea wats the best firmware

got the S202J.SB01.patched-fb-fr.rar on unrar i have two bin files which one to use
S202J.SB01.patched-fb-fr.bin
S202J.SB01.patched-fr.bin

(in reply to kamrananvaar)
Post #: 2
RE: sony dru 840a or samsung SH-S202 - 3/15/2008 11:42:11 AM   
SithTracy

Not really sure what you are looking to gain with using modded firmware.  I've got the Samsung SH-S203B and it works fine for my needs using the Samsung supported firmware (SB03).

(in reply to kamrananvaar)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> sony dru 840a or samsung SH-S202 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI