CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

EU to Clear Google/DoubleClick Merger: Report   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1362 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> EU to Clear Google/DoubleClick Merger: Report Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EU to Clear Google/DoubleClick Merger: Report - 3/6/2008 12:44:21 PM   
cadoo

Google is expected to receive unconditional approval from European Union regulators next week for its $3.1 billion takeover of ad firm DoubleClick, Reuters reported today citing people familiar with the situation.

The approval has long been expected because the European Commission decided in January not to object formally to the transaction.

Privacy advocates have objected to the deal, saying it would give the two firms unprecedented access to information about consumers. The Commission has said privacy considerations are outside the scope of its authority over mergers.

The deal would combine Internet search engine giant Google's dominance in pay-per-click Web advertising with DoubleClick's market-leading position in flashier display ads.

The planned acquisition won approval from the Federal Trade Commission in December.

Microsoft, Google's competitor in internet advertising industry, bought aQuantive for $6 billion while Yahoo acquired BlueLithium for $300 million and AOL bought Tacoda for an undisclosed amount.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> EU to Clear Google/DoubleClick Merger: Report Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI