CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

ND-6100A problems.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 588 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> ND-6100A problems. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ND-6100A problems. - 11/26/2007 12:06:10 PM   
gherna1

Hi!  A couple months ago I replaced my original Dell Inspiron CD-RW/DVD combo drive with a non-supported Dell ND-6100A, which I bought from eBay.  The drive protrudes slightly from the chassis, reason why I assume Dell rejected these drives and does not support them on their site.
Unfortunately, I also sold the original one, which used to allow me to make copies of CD+G discs using DiscJuggler software.
I have not used the new drive to copy CD+G discs until today, when I got a recurrent error message.  The Help available stated that the I needed a firmware upgrade.  I have scoured the web for this 'upgrade' to no avail.  All I have found are patches to allow me to write to DVD-R/DVD-RW discs, which I knew I could not do, but haven't missed this ability, since I always use DVD+R/DVD+RW discs.
When I ran Nero's InfoTool, the screen stated it supports RPCII, and that it can read DVD-R discs.  However, when I inserted a DVD-R disc, and clicked the 'Disc' tab, it detected no disk in the tray, which is a false statement.
I applied the 6100RPC1.EXE patch, but running InfoTool again tells me that I still can't write to DVD-R discs.  Also, the properties window now states that it supports RPC1.  Which one is more advanced?  None of the other properties seem to have changed.  Is this the expectation or should I see that it can now write to DVD-R/DVD-RW discs?
Anyway, what I really want to have is a firmware upgrade, if available, for the 6100A drive, to be able to write CD+G discs.  Should that be unavailable, will converting this drive to an ND-6500 drive do the trick for me?
Any help will be truly appreciated.

Regards,

Genaro
Post #: 1
RE: ND-6100A problems. - 11/26/2007 1:39:03 PM   
SithTracy

What kind of -R media are you using?

(in reply to gherna1)
Post #: 2
RE: ND-6100A problems. - 11/26/2007 3:56:56 PM   
gherna1

Hi!  Thanks for your prompt reply.  For copying CD+Gs (special Karaoke discs, with a solid colored background and text for the lyrics) I use standard CD-R discs, but that no longer seems to be the problem.  I decided to test the drive after flashing the patch, and it worked ok (go figure!) 
I attempted to write to a DVD-R disc just now, and I got an error message that explicitly asks for a DVD+R type disc.  I expected the RPC1 flash to have taken care of this. ????
Please advise.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: ND-6100A problems. - 11/26/2007 7:08:09 PM   
SithTracy

Not familair with the 6100 NEC drive... I use a USB attached desktop drive with my laptop... anyway, I would expect NEC to lean more to DVD-R media... I suspect the brand you are using may be suspect... My fav DVD-R's are Taiyo Yudens... Verbatim is not to bad but I get better results from TY... +R media Verbatim and TY are what I use.

(in reply to gherna1)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> ND-6100A problems. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI