CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Blackjack II is official   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 558 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Blackjack II is official Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Blackjack II is official - 10/24/2007 6:44:45 PM   
cadoo

FCC documents indicated that Samsung was preparing another smartphone for likely release on AT&T. Now, that information is confirmed, and the world has its first official look at the Samsung SGH-i617 Blackjack II.

Like the original version, the new unit will feature quad-band GSM/EDGE, a slim design, a landscape 2.4-inch QVGA screen, and Bluetooth, as well as support for AT&T's 3G high speed network.

New Features

The BlackJack II will add an internal GPS receiver to its predecessor's design, as well as overseas 3G support, Windows Mobile 6 Standard, more internal memory, and a higher-resolution 2 megapixel camera.

Also included with the package will be a slimmer high-capacity battery, so that users can experience greater battery life without sacrificing as much in the way of form factor.

A bit of innovation in the BlackJack II is a combination D-Pad and scrollwheel that gives users two options for selecting items on the display.

Still absent is support for Wi-Fi wireless networks, though.

The BlackJack II emphasizes several software features such as AT&T Video Share, which enables users to share live video over the AT&T network, support for the TeleNav map service, and a built-in RSS reader.

Coming Soon

The Blackjack II is expected to be available some time later this year in both black and "red wine" colors at an initial price of $150 with new AT&T contract.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Blackjack II is official Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI