CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Safari for Windows Beta Downloads Top 1 Million in First 48 Hours   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 969 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> Safari for Windows Beta Downloads Top 1 Million in First 48 Hours Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Safari for Windows Beta Downloads Top 1 Million in Firs... - 6/15/2007 6:46:10 PM   
icube001

Apple claims that more than 1 million copies of Safari for Windows were downloaded in the first 48 hours since the free public beta was made available on Monday.

The announcement follows the first update for the new browser that was released late Thursday, which fixes some early reported bugs.

Safari 3 renders web pages up to twice as fast as IE 7 and up to 1.6 times faster than Firefox 2, based on the iBench tests, according to Apple.. The browser supports HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SVG and Java.

Safari 3 for Windows requires Windows XP or Windows Vista, a minimum of 256 MB of memory and a system with at least a 500 MHz Intel Pentium processor.
Post #: 1
RE: Safari for Windows Beta Downloads Top 1 Million in ... - 6/15/2007 7:27:33 PM   
Zebadee

Hi
Apple claims..................Heard that before
Safari is awful. IE7 & FF upto 3 x quicker. Opera 2x.
Safari also has problems with Vista 64 & posting on some forums.
Security is riddled with flaws.
My advice .....just don't go there.

(in reply to icube001)
Post #: 2
RE: Safari for Windows Beta Downloads Top 1 Million in ... - 6/15/2007 11:35:40 PM   
SithTracy

Probably a good portion of these people are running iMac's and Parallels with Windows XP and trying Safari there.

(in reply to Zebadee)
Post #: 3
RE: Safari for Windows Beta Downloads Top 1 Million in ... - 6/16/2007 11:37:50 AM   
icube001

Yeah, I agree. They must finish it well if they want it to be competitor to FF and IE.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 4
RE: Safari for Windows Beta Downloads Top 1 Million in ... - 6/16/2007 12:27:06 PM   
SithTracy

Finish it, hell!!!  They better innovate and provide fresh ideas and direction for the web browser... anything short of that and it won't even take a fraction of a percentage away from IE and Firefox users... And though I don't use it, Opera really isn't too bad and has some nice features.  I'm just a fan of open source...

(in reply to icube001)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> Safari for Windows Beta Downloads Top 1 Million in First 48 Hours Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI