CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Descent Proggie   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 853 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Descent Proggie Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Descent Proggie - 11/4/2001 7:02:45 PM   
Tarabin

I have NOT found a descent Packet writing proggie for Win2K

I've heard SimpliCD from w*w.oaktech.com/products/recording_software/index.html is good (Integrated into the Windows OS). no demo and no warez available. and that NTI (w*w ntius.com) has a new Packet writing program (FileCd 2) which is said to be also excellent (and Integrated into the OS) I have NOT encountered it yet.
in NTI CD-Maker Pro 2000 which it's packet software was FileCD 1.7.2 it isn't really Integrated into anything and was really bad in my opinion as a Packet writing option.

So what do we have left. Ahead's InCD has many probs. VOB's InstantWrite is good but BloatWare. Roxio (EZCD) is a no no (almost killed my OS last week).

RSJ from w*w.rsj.de/stage/en/default.asp is very good and totaly Integrated into OS and the Win2K version is also officially XP compatable (even if it does not say it on that page). but, it is NOT packet writing. it is regular writing.

So what now...!?!
I'm going to try the new NTI FileCd 2 10 day trial :-(
lets see what happens...

Any input is appreciated
Regards,

Tarabin
tarabin@email.com

Post #: 1
RE: Descent Proggie - 11/5/2001 9:10:42 AM   
Tarabin

Here's a small update:

eeek! NTI FileCD 2.010 is horrible. very weird proggie.
on the other hand, Write CD-RW! 2.0 from w*w.softarch.com/us/products/wcdrwoverview.html looks very promising!

(in reply to Tarabin)
Post #: 2
RE: Descent Proggie - 11/5/2001 11:37:46 PM   
aayee

Hi Tarabin,like you,I've been looking around for a decent packet writing utility for WinXP.Previously with Win98,I always used InCD,hated DirectCD.After using the W2k compatibility mode for InCD 2.32,got it to work(well,sort of,as it spits out some errors when formatting certain CDRWs,but writes fine on all disks)Was about to give FileCD a go but changed mind after reading this.Too bad WriteCDRW don't have a demo version.Have you tried it out?

(in reply to Tarabin)
Post #: 3
RE: Descent Proggie - 11/8/2001 3:20:57 PM   
TomBilliodeaux

>RSJ from w*w.rsj.de/stage/en/default.asp is very good and totaly Integrated into OS and the Win2K version is also officially XP compatable (even if it does not say it on that page). but, it is NOT >packet writing. it is regular writing.

I've been using RSJ with W2k and I don't format cdrw's to use them and just drag and drop files to the cdrw's and erase them also (worked well with my Sony 145crx, does not work with TEAC or LiteON very well).

Is this what is refered to as Packet Writing?

Just got XP and have the TEAC 516EB as a new burner now and RSJ says it is not supported (made me tell them that before they would admit it). Will give it one more try with new cdrw discs. The TEAC burned one directory by drag/drop and erased one file. Bombed out when tried to add a large directory with subdirectories.
Don't think the media will help but hopefully uncertain.

Will be trying a Sony 140crx soon to find out if it is RSJ in XP or just the TEAC with RSJ.
Really liked it with W2k.

I tried VOB's INstant CD in xp and could not format or blank used CDRW's. (another reason I think that used cdrw's that have been formated by other drives just don't work well. After I get new media, then I will be more confident to blame the software.)

Good post. Keep the info coming.

Where will you be in 100 years? If you don't know, I can tell you. (and its not the grave. write me)

(in reply to Tarabin)
Post #: 4
RE: Descent Proggie - 11/9/2001 2:16:23 PM   
slipe

Are you using DirectCD 5 and have you updated it to Win2k and XP compatibility? Works fine for most people. This is second hand as I donít use packet writing. I am considering trying it again now that I have discovered the wonders of packet writing to CDR in DirectCD.

(in reply to Tarabin)
Post #: 5
RE: Descent Proggie - 11/9/2001 7:48:38 PM   
Tarabin

Here's some good news for XP folks (though not for me)
to quote a friend:
"For a while now, I've been hoping that Roxio's DirectCD would reach a point where they finally got their act together.
They did the engine that's already in XP, so they should have
the best writing solution for XP (a packet-writing software that coexist perfectly with the built-in writing software).
With the release of the Roxio for XP upgrade, I felt it was time to try it AGAIN. I was reluctant, but it seems to work flawlessly, no blue screens, even formats my 700MB CD-RW and allows me to set 16X writing speed! Therefore for me, it's integrated seamlessly into XP, allows drag and drop, doesn't display any nag screens and it's fast.
I did NOT install EZCD Creator. It's not needed to.
So if your looking for seamless CD writing integration than XP is the solution at the moment." - end quote

you can get the Roxio upgrade for XP , it's only 2-4 megabytes, can't quite remember. The only problem is, they won't let you D/L it, unless you're a registered user of Roxio.
So you can instead get it here; w*w.cdrsoft.cc/phpnuke/index.php

For Win 2K right now "Write CD-RW! 2.0 Pro" might be an option. don't know since it needs to be checked out by someone.
or change the OS to XP (I will only consider upgrading to XP when it's SP-1 is out)

Tarabin

(in reply to Tarabin)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Descent Proggie Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI