CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

dvd player will not play recently burned back-ups   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1434 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> dvd player will not play recently burned back-ups Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
dvd player will not play recently burned back-ups - 1/1/2007 10:38:00 PM   
rokrok

i own a Toshiba DVD player (#SD-K615) and EVERY back-up that i've produced since 11/2006 will not play on it. player will read "DISC ERROR" and eject the disc. i use ANYDVD/CLONE DVD2 (latest versions). funny thing about all of this is that the dvd's play on every other player that i've been able to access(COBY,Phillips) and the pc w/o problems.

< Message edited by rokrok -- 1/1/2007 10:53:41 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: dvd player will not play recently burned back-ups - 1/2/2007 6:09:19 AM   
SithTracy

What brand/kind of media are you recording to?  Looks like the Toshiba SD-K615 supports DVD-R.  I suppose you could get away with +R media if you have a recorder capable of book-typing to DVD-ROM (i.e LG, Plextor, BenQ, or LITE-ON).

(in reply to rokrok)
Post #: 2
RE: dvd player will not play recently burned back-ups - 1/2/2007 9:37:54 AM   
rokrok

when i had purchased the player back in 01/2005, it stated that it played all formats. i've been using +R since i started making back-ups using the DVD X COPY program in 2003. what i will do is try using a -R blank on a recently purchased movie that i own and see if that works. if you have any more input re this issue, please let me know. thanks

< Message edited by rokrok -- 1/2/2007 9:39:53 AM >

(in reply to rokrok)
Post #: 3
RE: dvd player will not play recently burned back-ups - 1/2/2007 11:08:43 AM   
SithTracy

What kind of burner are you using on your PC?  Does it support book-typing +R media to DVD-ROM?  If it does, simply do that and you should be okay.  What I saw online is that your set-top Toshiba player only supports DVD-R media.

(in reply to rokrok)
Post #: 4
RE: dvd player will not play recently burned back-ups - 1/2/2007 12:23:34 PM   
rokrok

E: HP DVD WRITER 300N 1.25
F: SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-148 B100

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 5
RE: dvd player will not play recently burned back-ups - 1/2/2007 1:49:00 PM   
SithTracy

You are a tad behind on your firmware.  You can get the latest at The Firmware Page (I provided a direct link to your drive)

The HP DVD writer you mention is an OEM NEC ND-1100A.  The drive does not support bit-setting/book-typing with NEC or HP firmware, but there are hacked versions you can use.  I suggest picking up a new LG drive for roughly 30 bucks and have a modern drive that is arguably one of the better burners on the market today.  Get the GSA-H12 or GSA-H22.  They are both excellent writers.

NEC drives are better for DVD-R media anyway.  That should play in your Toshiba but may not play in the other set-top units the +R media works in.

(in reply to rokrok)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> dvd player will not play recently burned back-ups Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI