CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Nero 5.5.5.1 & TDK 24/10/40 & CD-Text... How?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 676 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Nero 5.5.5.1 & TDK 24/10/40 & CD-Text... How? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nero 5.5.5.1 & TDK 24/10/40 & CD-Text... How? - 11/3/2001 6:51:29 PM   
facmanboss

I'm new to this, so please bear with me. I have no problem when making a one-for-one copy of an audio CD. I have problems when making a custom audio CD. Nero came with my TDK last week. I am also experimenting with Feurio.

Here's the problem. I cannot get the playlist to show up when I burn a custom audio CD with Nero. I run thru the instructions for CD-Text (Nero has POOR instructions and much help is missing, Feurio is much better at help) but I just can't seem to get it working right. This includes Compilation checkbox for CD-Text and burning with DAO. I rip the cda files to wavs, arrange them like I want them, and burn an image. Then, I burn the image to CD. I use DAO.

I like Nero in that the audio filters allow me to modify the wav with effects and they are then applied at burn time. But the CD-text and problems with playlists showing up other than "track01" etc, is starting to drive me nuts. Feurio seems to do better at this, but lacks a feature I need.

FYI: I have 500Mhz P3, 384M Ram, W98SE current updates, a CD-ROM and the TDK 24/10/40 (IDE). Both CDs are DMA set. I just upgraded yesterday to the latest VIA 4in1 software.

Audio software I use are MusicMatch Jukebox 6, Windows Media Player 7, and of course the Feurio and Nero software. I am using the NEro Burning software, not Digital Mixmaster.

Any help appreciated.

Post #: 1
RE: Nero 5.5.5.1 & TDK 24/10/40 & CD-Text... How? - 11/26/2001 2:43:21 AM   
CCampbell

When you Create the image file, do you have DAO selected too?

Do you have the same problem without first writing to the Image file?

Just launch Nero, close the wizard, select the Audio Icon, enable CD-TEXT, and then click NEW. Drag and drop your WAV files from the Browser to the Audio1 Compilation window, add your filters, Enter your "Artist-Title" CD-TEXT data, and then burn to CD. Again making sure to burn in DAO mode, with the CD-TEXT feature enabled.

Does this not work?

Regards,

Craig

(in reply to facmanboss)
Post #: 2
RE: Nero 5.5.5.1 & TDK 24/10/40 & CD-Text... How? - 12/1/2001 8:20:00 PM   
facmanboss

Yes, I have done and verified those steps. I've upgraded the via drivers, ASPIChecked everything, used Ahead's WinASPI update, defragged the drive, system file checked, and many other maintenance items, to no avail. I have been doing various steps with TDK Tech Support and submitted many screen captures and log files. So far, they have not been able to get CD-Text working. As of yesterday's two-hour session, I am now back to where I was a month ago. That is, can burn disks fine, just can't burn CD-Text. The track titles come out Track 1, Track 2, etc. When I check the log files of the burns (direct or via an image file), CD-Text was turned on. If we ever get this fixed, I'll post the solution. The latest iteration yesterday was to have me use the commercial Nero version rather than OEM version.

Unless I am missing something stupid, when I burn the CD-Text, shouldn't I be able to read the track titles of the files when I open in a CD player, Nero explorer, or windows explorer (which shows audio files with the bogus .cda extension)? The burned CDs play fine.

(in reply to facmanboss)
Post #: 3
RE: Nero 5.5.5.1 & TDK 24/10/40 & CD-Text... How? - 12/3/2001 9:25:17 PM   
CCampbell

We do have a few reports of Intermitant failures with the CDTEXT feature and Nero 5.5.51

TDK as well as One was reported from the Cendyne company.They reported success and failures on the same system, with the same drive and Nero.

Our Engineers are looking into this.

By middle of this week, we expect to have Nero 5.5.6.4 posted on our web site. Please test this to see if it resolves your issue.

If not, please contact me directly at techsupport4@nero.com, and send a copy of the Nero log file from one such failed write attempt with CDTEXT, so I can forward this information to our Engineers to duplicate and resolve.

Regards,

Craig

(in reply to facmanboss)
Post #: 4
RE: Nero 5.5.5.1 & TDK 24/10/40 & CD-Text... How? - 12/4/2001 8:12:31 PM   
facmanboss

Craig,
I'll try the new version Friday. I can burn one or two tracks to an image file and then post to my whalemail account if you want to see the image file also. Let me know.
Ross

(in reply to facmanboss)
Post #: 5
RE: Nero 5.5.5.1 & TDK 24/10/40 & CD-Text... How? - 12/7/2001 7:03:15 AM   
[c]-thr00

quote:

Just launch Nero, close the wizard, select the Audio Icon, enable CD-TEXT, and then click NEW. Drag and drop your WAV files from the Browser to the Audio1 Compilation window, add your filters, Enter your "Artist-Title" CD-TEXT data, and then burn to CD. Again making sure to burn in DAO mode, with the CD-TEXT feature enabled.

Does this not work?

Regards,

Craig

umm.... okay I was having the same problem with my Ricoh MP7125A, but I tried your method and CD-TEXT worked. But whats the point of having a (audio cd) wizard if the CD-TEXT feature will only work when not using thw wizard?

[ this is my sig ]

(in reply to facmanboss)
Post #: 6
RE: Nero 5.5.5.1 & TDK 24/10/40 & CD-Text... How? - 12/7/2001 9:41:38 AM   
facmanboss

Craig,
So others will know status... did not work. Have sent email with log and W98SE sysinfo dump. I also had updated the TDK firmware to 6v36 from 6z34.Ross

(in reply to facmanboss)
Post #: 7
RE: Nero 5.5.5.1 & TDK 24/10/40 & CD-Text... How? - 12/7/2001 5:05:20 PM   
facmanboss

Craig,
TDK tech support had me try a new version (unreleased) of Digital MixMaster which they know handles CD-text properly. It read & wrote CD-text properly.

I used this CD with Nero 5.5.6.4. It READ the text correctly.

However, CD-text BURNED with 5.5.6.4 was not present on the CD. I tried to read Nero burned CD-text in DMM and Nero. nada.

(in reply to facmanboss)
Post #: 8
RE: Nero 5.5.5.1 & TDK 24/10/40 & CD-Text... How? - 12/9/2001 12:45:06 AM   
CCampbell

Just to be sure, try a slower write speed. I do know of cases when written at 16x or higher, the CDTEXT data is not readable on a CD.

But again, we've had other reports, so there may be a bug. We are looking into it.

I only have 9 emails in my techsupport4@nero.com box, so either I've responed to your other Email already, or I will be getting to it this coming week.

The feedback may help our Engineers resolve this quicker.

Thanks!!

Regards,

Craig

(in reply to facmanboss)
Post #: 9
RE: Nero 5.5.5.1 & TDK 24/10/40 & CD-Text... How? - 12/9/2001 12:46:31 AM   
CCampbell

The Wizard is for basic writes. CD-TEXT is considered to be Expert feature.

But we are looking to change this in the future. No time frme at this time.

Regards,

Craig

quote:

Does this not work?

Regards,

Craig

umm.... okay I was having the same problem with my Ricoh MP7125A, but I tried your method and CD-TEXT worked. But whats the point of having a (audio cd) wizard if the CD-TEXT feature will only work when not using thw wizard?

[ this is my sig ]
[/quote]

(in reply to facmanboss)
Post #: 10
RE: Nero 5.5.5.1 & TDK 24/10/40 & CD-Text... How? - 12/9/2001 5:12:33 AM   
Victor

I am a user of Nero OEM 5.5.3.4. I recentlly bought a Aopen CRW 2440 which is supposed to support CD-text. I took some mp3 files of my computer. I transfered those mp3 files to audio 1 (descopress the mp3 to wav). Then I went to propierties in order to check the information of every track. Everythink seams that is ok. Then go to file and to compilation info there I put the name of the album and the name of the artist and I select DAO. After this operations I burn the CD but to my surppriese the text is not there. I try to play the CD in a Clarion 718 car CD player which supports CD text but the text dosn t apper. I have also tried to play the CD in the madia player of windows and the text dose not appar.
Am I doing something wrong? Dose Nero supports CD text?
Please I would be very pleased to have an answer.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Víctor Fernandez

(in reply to facmanboss)
Post #: 11
RE: Nero 5.5.5.1 & TDK 24/10/40 & CD-Text... How? - 12/9/2001 6:55:35 PM   
facmanboss

quote:

Just to be sure, try a slower write speed. I do know of cases when written at 16x or higher, the CDTEXT data is not readable on a CD.

Craig,
TDKs Digital MixMaster beta version I mentioned above reads and writes CD-text at 16X perfectly. I just created and burned another one to make sure. It's NEro 5.5.6.4 that won't write it. It DOES read it though.
Ross

(in reply to facmanboss)
Post #: 12
RE: Nero 5.5.5.1 & TDK 24/10/40 & CD-Text... How? - 12/10/2001 1:37:55 PM   
AndyP

I am having a similar problem.

Nero 5.5.5.1 with Lite-On 24102B (Firmware 5S54).
Can read CD-TEXT from pressed audio CD (Offspring - Americana)

Cannot write CD-TEXT to own compilation with CD-TEXT box ticked on compilation properties and DAO selected for write.

Will try with Nero 5.5.6.4.

Any other advice??

Thanks

Andy

(in reply to facmanboss)
Post #: 13
RE: Nero 5.5.5.1 & TDK 24/10/40 & CD-Text... How? - 12/13/2001 3:06:17 PM   
CCampbell

Our Engineers are seriously looking into this issue with CDTEXT, based on the number of Emails here, and those we have received directly.

Regards,

Craig

(in reply to facmanboss)
Post #: 14
RE: Nero 5.5.5.1 & TDK 24/10/40 & CD-Text... How? - 1/8/2002 5:33:03 AM   
Lancer1991

I would like to chime in and say I have the same problem with Nero 5.5.6.4 and HP CD-Writer Plus 9100i and CD text. I have tried all the option with no luck. I am able to burn a CD with text using Roxio Easy CD Creater 5 in Windows XP though.

Edited by - Lancer1991 on 01/08/2002 05:35:23

(in reply to facmanboss)
Post #: 15
RE: Nero 5.5.5.1 & TDK 24/10/40 & CD-Text... How? - 1/9/2002 8:18:13 AM   
lefrancais

I just downloaded the demo version of Nero on my Sony Vaio my cdrw is a Sony CRX175E, everything worked fine beside the cd text ??

Was is because I've burned at more than *16 speed ? Was it because I used the Wizard ? Or is it because it's the demo version ?

I ve followed all the instructions from the Help files and it didn't work...
This is very frustatong, spending ll that time typing the Cd text infos and having nothing on the CD.

Can you help please ? Thanks

(in reply to facmanboss)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Nero 5.5.5.1 & TDK 24/10/40 & CD-Text... How? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI