CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

problems reading files from DVD-R   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1404 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> problems reading files from DVD-R Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
problems reading files from DVD-R - 12/6/2006 5:15:02 PM   
tintin

Hi all,
I just bought a pack of Fuji Film DVD-Rs to burn some video lectures; I downloaded on my school’s computer, onto them in order for me to transfer it to my home computer. I used roxio to burn the videos, which was in rm. format, and I chose to burn the them as data instead as music. Everything went well in roxio, but after the burning process was finished and I checked the dvds they came up as empty and when i tried to burn new data onto them roxio didn’t allowed me. So i took the dvds home and i tried to rip it to my home computer but they also appear empty to all the media player programs on my computer until i used a program call recordnow, which shows the videos but when i try to rip them or play them it gives me a message that the data is appended to the disk thus it cannot be moved or played.
   So now am wondering whether I bought the right dvds- which I choose to buy because they hold up to 4 gb and the videos are 2 gb in total- or whether it’s because I choose to burn the videos as data.
Post #: 1
RE: problems reading files from DVD-R - 12/6/2006 6:46:16 PM   
MP3Mogul

It appears that you chose "multisession" and the discs are still open.  Use Roxio to close the discs (finalize them) and you should be in business.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to tintin)
Post #: 2
RE: problems reading files from DVD-R - 12/6/2006 8:28:23 PM   
tintin

But if I finalize it I won’t be able to write more data to the disk. Or can I? And when I write to the disk and finalize it, can I delete the data after I transfer it to my home computer and add new data?

(in reply to tintin)
Post #: 3
RE: problems reading files from DVD-R - 12/6/2006 8:37:56 PM   
MP3Mogul

-R is "write once" you need a DVD RW if you want to erase it and use it again.

Yes, if you finalize it you won't be able to add to it.  You can't remove anything that you've added to it already, because it's write once.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to tintin)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> problems reading files from DVD-R Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI