CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

White inkjet hub-printable CDRs???   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 658 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> White inkjet hub-printable CDRs??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
White inkjet hub-printable CDRs??? - 9/16/2006 12:55:10 PM   
Steve83

I've been trying to buy these for a few months now, and I'm getting discouraged.  I first bought 100 Riteks from SMS, but I sent them back because they weren't "white" - they were mostly gray, with a BLAZING white center.  Every one of them looked like this.

So then I e-mailed Meritline & they assured me that their stock of Riteks was white.  WRONG - they looked ezzackly the same, so THEY went back.  So I figure it's Ritek, and I decide not to buy them ever again.  No problem.  Now, I'm shopping around and I find this batch of Verbatims, and the picture SHOWS just what I'm talking about: grey & white!!!  WTF?!?!  Are ALL white hub CDRs made this way?  My white hub DVDs aren't.  Or are the Verbs just more repackaged Riteks?

I guess I don't mind paying for TYs if they're really white, but I just wanna make sure before I lay out double the money.  Or is there a cheaper decent brand that's actually white?  I'm just using them for custom data discs, so it's not critical that they be TOP-of-the-line media; just decent is OK for me.  But I DO insist that they be WHITE all the way across.  Thanks for any info or links.

< Message edited by Steve83 -- 9/16/2006 12:56:27 PM >

Walk softly & carry a BIG SIX!
Post #: 1
RE: White inkjet hub-printable CDRs??? - 9/22/2006 4:27:51 AM   
alexmacris

Hi friend! I don't buy white coated discs, i think that Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden sell such media

(in reply to Steve83)
Post #: 2
RE: White inkjet hub-printable CDRs??? - 9/23/2006 1:28:14 AM   
Steve83

Yeah, I know.  But that's not the question.

(in reply to alexmacris)
Post #: 3
RE: White inkjet hub-printable CDRs??? - 9/23/2006 8:08:40 PM   
SithTracy

I think the "blazing white center" is because the center ring of the disc is clear.  I think it is coated with the same amount of white material all the way across, but it looks a little different over the are of the recordable media where the dye is.

I guess my question for you is, why to they need to be "glow-in-the-dark white" all the way accross.  What are you doing with them?

I do recall getting a bunch of sample media from Disc Makers and their ultra media had a pretty consistant white color accross the board, but that is not important to me and they were quite expensive at the time so I usually buy Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden because they are affordable and have excellent quality - the perfect balance in my case, but I usually get the silver since I just write on them with a Sharpie.  Rima.com is another place you might try for media...

Best of luck on your quest.

(in reply to Steve83)
Post #: 4
RE: White inkjet hub-printable CDRs??? - 9/23/2006 8:57:07 PM   
Steve83

If it were just a matter of the recordable area's opaqueness affecting the shade of the white surface, a) the shade change would occur where the silver stops; it doesn't [the shade change has a diameter of 44mm; the silver is 39mm], and b) DVDs would show the same effect; they don't.  All my white printable DVDs (and I have SEVERAL brands/types) are uniformly white across their entire printable surface, so this shading has nothing to do with the silver below.

I don't need CDs that are totally blazing white, but I DO want them to be 1 color.  If they're totally gray - I can deal with that.  If they're totally blazing white, so much the better.  But what I'm finding is ridiculous: every white printable CD (normal or hub-printable; every brand I can find) exhibits this shade change.  Pitiful.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 5
RE: White inkjet hub-printable CDRs??? - 9/23/2006 11:36:21 PM   
SithTracy

This one might meet your need:  Discmakers.com's CD-R 52x White HYDROSHIELD DM Ultra

Of course, they are almost a buck a piece... pretty pricy for CD-R media.

(in reply to Steve83)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> White inkjet hub-printable CDRs??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI