CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

VisionTek Radeon X1600XT 512MB AGP   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1394 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> VisionTek Radeon X1600XT 512MB AGP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VisionTek Radeon X1600XT 512MB AGP - 8/3/2006 11:30:04 AM   
cadoo

Who said the Accelerated Graphics Port(AGP) was dead? Let me rephrase that question! With almost half the computer users still owning systems that use the Accelerated Graphics Port, why did all of the options for a newer faster video card using this configuration suddenly dry up and virtually disappear? Many would answer this second question by saying it was a sound business decision by many of the GPU/VPU manufacturers to introduce a newer, faster technology, namely PCI Express. I would question the validity of this decision no matter what the reason given that over half of the consumer population still utilizes systems that have the AGP video slot.

Apparently a number of the video card manufacturers feel that making cards using the AGP is still a viable market as exemplified by the recent reemergence of several of the newer midrange VPU/GPU chipsets on cards configured for AGP. Granted AGP is approximately 33% slower than PCI Express and does not have a BUS configuration that offers the same graphical though put, but nonetheless dropping a technology as rapidly as AGP dropped from the scene leaves much of your consumer base wondering why.

Today we'll have an opportunity to see if the resurrection of the AGP video card, even if its only a temporary measure was a sound move on the part of at least one of the manufacturers involved. Join us as we investigate the latest AGP release from VisionTekĀ®, the Radeonā„¢ X1600XT 512MB XGE (Extreme Gamer Series)video card.

More at: http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=946
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> VisionTek Radeon X1600XT 512MB AGP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI