CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

EVGA e-GeForce 7300GT   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 668 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> EVGA e-GeForce 7300GT Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EVGA e-GeForce 7300GT - 8/2/2006 11:58:30 AM   
cadoo

The high-end bad boys in the standalone video card market, ($400+ MSRP cards) get the most press, but not everyone can afford to spend $400-500 on a video card. The other end of the spectrum, the integrated video on some motherboards, isn’t sufficient to run any of the more modern games at anything but the minimum settings and resolutions. So what’s the solution?

512MB on a value card is an interesting proposition. On the one hand there are few applications where the extra memory help (High Quality mode in Quake4, Oblivion, High resolution FSAA+AF). On the other hand, the situations where the extra memory make the most sense are best served by a high-end card like the X1900XTX or 7900 series.

The 7300GT is a value card, and as such shouldn’t be compared to the high-end in terms of performance. Where the 7300GT shines is in its feature set, fully the equal in terms of Shader Model functionality as the bigger and more expensive cards. Performance is on the low end of the spectrum as to be expected from a card that costs $130 retail. The 7300GT 512MB from EVGA is a decent card. If you’re looking for a card that plays games, doesn’t cost a whole lot, and has all the features the bigger brothers have, this is the one for you.
More at: http://www.gamepyre.com/reviewsd.html?aid=758&p=1

Source: Gamepyre

Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Hardware Reviews >> EVGA e-GeForce 7300GT Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI