CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

FDisk /mbr woes??   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1462 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion >> FDisk /mbr woes?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FDisk /mbr woes?? - 7/6/2006 8:52:34 AM   
Esskie

Hi there,
After recently trying Vista Beta 2 which I installed on a partition (G:\), I decided to remove it which I did by formatting G: drive by means of Partition Magic.
There was a folder called 'Boot' and a couple of the boot manager files to delete from the root of C: drive also.

Anyway, I now would like to re-install MDK Linux on G: drive/partition but I need to fix the Master Boot Record as although I'm not having anything annoying or even noticeable happen ie; the boot loader etc have gone & it boots straight into XP as it should atm.

I started the PC by means of boot floppy in order to do 'fdisk /mbr' to C: but C isn't being recognised? anyone any ideas?.

It's getting near that time where a format & fresh install won't do any harm but I'd rather this isn't the catalyst for it! lol

Regards, Esskie.

Catch 22
It's all swings and roundabouts....

Post #: 1
RE: FDisk /mbr woes?? - 7/7/2006 9:13:59 AM   
Esskie

Sorted! .

I'd been using a Win98 boot-disc & my C: drive is a NTFS partition so I guess that wasn't 'seeing' the drive?.

I booted into XP using the XP CD, hit 'R' for Recovery Option and then done 'fixboot' from the command-line.
Esskie.

Catch 22
It's all swings and roundabouts....

(in reply to Esskie)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Free Discussion >> FDisk /mbr woes?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread