CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Acer or liteon   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1332 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Acer or liteon Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Acer or liteon - 8/28/2001 9:37:34 PM   
Atreus

I just found out that the Acer 1208a makes perfect copies of safedisc 2 games. I suppose it works with other technology as well? I was originally thinking of getting the liteon24102b, but the acer is much cheaper, and I really don't care for fast burning. Also the liteon tech support is a bit 'iffy'. Should I go ahead and buy the acer or get the extra money and buy the liteon. I was thinking of getting the acer and using the extra money towards my car. My primary concern is backing up games I own, but I would like the burner to be able to copy other protection schemes as well since I have some older games.

Post #: 1
RE: Acer or liteon - 8/29/2001 2:42:29 AM   
Boots (old)

The Acer is not good as a reader for CloneCD. If you have a drive, that you know can read RAW96 info, then the Acer would be all right, but if you need to use it both as a reader and writer for backing up protected games the Acer is not a good choise.

(in reply to Atreus)
Post #: 2
RE: Acer or liteon - 8/29/2001 2:55:19 AM   
Atreus

So a better choice would be the liteon even though it is more expensive?

(in reply to Atreus)
Post #: 3
RE: Acer or liteon - 8/29/2001 3:10:50 AM   
ferrari250gto

definitely get the liteon by all means if you can. I have an acer 1208 also and it is a lot more picky at media. the liteon will burn a lot more generic cds without write errors than the acer. also, the liteon can read all protections. last, it's a lot faster

(in reply to Atreus)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Acer or liteon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI