CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

broadcasters paying for music   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 790 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Introduce Yourself >> broadcasters paying for music Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
broadcasters paying for music - 5/18/2006 9:26:38 AM   
Wilburdilbur

In an article on your website, you quoted industry sources and record execs as saying that radio stations should pay for music they play. We in the broadcast market are paying for their music in the form of royalties. It would seem that this isn't enough. They want more. This is another for of greed in which artists want to receive more and work less. Most fairly well known artists are already worth millions of dollars and with concerts and royalties, it can only get better. If the record companies want a bigger piece of the pie, then maybe they should help the artist sell the product more efficiently. One artist in particular that I will not purchase a product from or play music is Garth Brooks. He and his record company Capitol Records, started this whole thing and now with a little help from a discount chain, you can only purchase his product from them. This is absurd. Yes,
we do pay for the music we play and most if not all is based on our income. If our income goes up, their royalty payments go up or conversely, if it goes down..........
well, you get the picture. What they want is the same amount of money all the time, when they are just as much of a driving force in the market place as anyone else. They complain about the U.S. as compared to other countries not paying enough, but the U.S. used a more equitable system where Broadcasters pay their fair share.
If it weren't for us, they couldn't sell their product.....and that is the very reason that
some radio stations opt to do all talk, all news, all sports or anything else except music. Because if we don't play it, they don't get paid.
Post #: 1
RE: broadcasters paying for music - 5/18/2006 5:52:10 PM   
MP3Mogul

It's not the Artists that are Greedy, it's the RIAA (Recording Industry Association Of America).

They are absorbed in absolute GREED beyond control.  They have ruined people going out and buying CD's, they almost ruined LEGAL downloading of music.

Greed will destroy them.  Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but it "will" destroy them in the end.

To set the record straight, Garth Brooks didn't start anything except to actually be PAID for his sales.

Most artists earn 1/2 cent per CD and the record company (RIAA) gets the remaining balance.  Garth brooks got a contract for 33 cents per CD (which was totally unheard of).  Why shouldn't he get it?  He has now become the all time highest selling artist ever.

Let me see, the CD sells for 16.98 USD and the guy that wrote and recorded it gets .33 cents..... now it doesn't seem fair does it.???

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Wilburdilbur)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Introduce Yourself >> broadcasters paying for music Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI