CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Topower lands 900W power supply orders used in Nvidia-based graphics cards !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1116 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Topower lands 900W power supply orders used in Nvidia-based graphics cards ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Topower lands 900W power supply orders used in Nvidia-b... - 5/15/2006 11:55:23 AM   
SiliconFreak

Topower Computer Industrial, a Taiwan-based power supply maker, has landed additional orders for 1,500 900W power supplies to be used in Nvidia-based high-end graphics cards from an unspecified German distributor, according to the company in a filing with the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TSE) made in response to today’s Chinese-language Economic Daily News (EDN) that reported Nvidia has released orders to the power supply maker.

Topower showcased its 900W power supply series for Nvidia high-end graphics cards during this year’s CeBIT show and grabbed an initial order of 1,200 units from the German distributor, said the company. Shipments of its second order to the customer already began in April, the company noted.

Topower currently has two high-wattage power supply offerings – the P3 that delivers up to 600W and the P9 with a maximum of 1100W. EDN cited company sources as saying that Topower’s shipments of 500-1100W high-wattage product lines will improve its gross margin to 33% in the second quarter, compared to the first quarter’s 31.75%.

In addition, Topower is expected to collect patent royalty payments of NT$35-40 million from four competing power supply makers that it has sued for patent infringement, according to the paper. The company said on March 8 that it has filed patent infringement lawsuits though the US International Trade Commission (ITC) against 15 companies.

According to Topower, it’s full-year patent royalty payments should come to about NT$30 million, while declining to give any other financial projections.

Source : DigiTimes
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Topower lands 900W power supply orders used in Nvidia-based graphics cards ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI