CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

IBM to enhance its IT security practice !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 830 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> IBM to enhance its IT security practice ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IBM to enhance its IT security practice ! - 5/12/2006 1:16:32 PM   
SiliconFreak

IBM has recently announced it will be investing $43 million over the next three years to increase the size and scope of its security and identity practice in Canada.

"Canadian companies are increasingly aware that IT security is a serious issue that will affect their profits," said Nicole Stampatori, national practice leader for IBM Canada's Security, Identity and Privacy. "Since we opened the center, our security practice has doubled in size, illustrating that the threat of cyber crime and identity theft is growing and that Canadian businesses, both large and small, recognize it."

This investment will expand the Security Operation Centre in Toronto and more than double the number of security professionals combating the threat of today's organized cyber criminals. IBM's security practice also has a dedicated public sector team in Ottawa that works with local organizations who will benefit from the new financing.

IT security is one of the fastest growing segments of the Canadian IT sector and according to IDC Canada, the security segment of the industry is forecast to grow eight per cent this year over last year – creating a market value in 2006 that will surpass $1 billion for the first time.

"Canadian organizations of all sizes continue to view spam, viruses, spyware and perimeter threats as major IT security issues," says Joe Greene, vice president of IT Security Research for IDC Canada. "In 2005, IDC surveyed 500 medium and large organizations and over 250 small companies across Canada and these issues are the main focus of their IT security programs. However, many still do not have the resources to adequately cope with these threats."

Source : CanadaIT
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> IBM to enhance its IT security practice ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI