CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Helius brings software-based encryption to Internet TV !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 661 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Helius brings software-based encryption to Internet TV ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Helius brings software-based encryption to Internet TV ! - 5/12/2006 1:15:26 PM   
SiliconFreak

Helius, Inc., has just introduced its  MediaLock for IPTV, a software based encryption algorithm for securing access and use of for-pay downloaded multimedia content.

According to Ron Heinz, Chairman and CEO of Helius, Inc., the use of IP to deliver entertainment is growing rapidly and the two biggest concerns are secure delivery and access control.

Historically, he said, broadcast systems have been limited by their dependency on smart card and other hardware centric technologies. To solve this, he said, MediaLock for IPTV is a software based system utilizing IPSEC and industry standard encryption algorithms to maintain the security of each transmission to its intended point of consumption.

MediaLock for IPTV will consist of a client that runs on the provider Set Top Box (STB) which interacts with a MediaLock Server and Gateway.

"A software-key, IPSEC implementation is the best way to protect delivery of IPTV content in a real time environment," said Mike Tippets, CTO of Helius, Inc. "The ability to change the encryption key at anytime providesthe required flexibility of a real-time delivery environment."

To learn more, go to www.helius.com.

Source : iApplianceWeb
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Helius brings software-based encryption to Internet TV ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI