I am making my first venture into digital video and need a DVD Recorder for under $200. After several hours of research, I am considering the following:
1. Lite-On LVW 5000 (B?, I guess, since no letter is given)
2. Lite-On LVW 5000X
3. Lite-On LVW 5000XS (though I haven't yet found one)
For the first machine, I want one that is flexible and "has legs", as it were, one that will still be useful in the future. From what I can tell, these models offer:
1. Disc Compatibility
2. Inouts & Outputs that will be useful later with other Recorders, i.e., disc to disc recording, etc.
3. Pretty good quality all-around.
4. User-friendly for this price range.
I would appreciate advice on whether these are good choices or not, the differences in these models, and would be most interested if you have different recommendations for the best machine under $200.
Thanks in advance.