CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Spammers hit back at anti-spam company !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1451 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Spammers hit back at anti-spam company ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spammers hit back at anti-spam company ! - 5/4/2006 4:33:04 AM   
SiliconFreak

Spammers are hitting back at the customers of an Israeli anti-spam company, Blue Security. Customers had been using Blue Security's Blue Frog tool to report spammers, but those same customers are now on the receiving end of a stream of e-mails ordering them to stop using Blue Security's services. It would appear spammers that were reported via Blue Frog got hit with a stream of e-mails themselves, and are now fighting back.

Blue Frog works by putting users into a do-not-spam database. Afterwards, for every spam message received, the spammers get one opt-out message back. When this is scaled up to millions of messages, you can appreciate the impact this can have on spammers. While not many people will feel sorry if the spammers get hit with millions of messages, the controversy arises from a common tactic where spammers control computers to send spam. In that case, victim computers could be wrongly flooded with emails.

Despite the controversy, Blue Security obviously has made someone mad. Spammers have fought back by hitting Blue Security customers with thousands of messages. The messages places the blame on Blue Security and tells customers to stop using the anti-spam service.

"You signed up because you were expecting to recieve a lesser amount of spam, unfortunately, due to the tactics used by BlueSecurity, you will end up recieving this message, or other nonsensical spams 20-40 times more than you would normally," the message says.

In addition to the spam, Blue Security claims its Web site may have been the target of a distributed denial of service attack, after it was rendered inaccessible on Tuesday. The site continues to be slow today.

Source : TG Daily
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Spammers hit back at anti-spam company ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI