CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Refresh !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1753 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Refresh ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Refresh ! - 4/25/2006 8:11:53 PM   
SiliconFreak

Author: Microsoft Corp.
Size: 12.2 Mb
License: Freeware
Requires: Win All

Editor's note: This beta preview version of Internet Explorer 7 is intended for Web developers and other Web professionals. It is not intended to be a functional product for Web surfers. We had difficulty actually removing it and restoring to IE6.

Internet Explorer 7 beta 2 preview is intended to enable developers, web developers and IT pros to begin to test the new browser for compatibility with their applications and Web sites. Internet Explorer 7 beta 2 preview includes advancements in security and browsing experience for end users, functionality and compatibility for developers, and manageability for corporate network administrators.

Download

Source : MajorGeeks
Post #: 1
RE: Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Refresh ! - 4/26/2006 12:33:10 AM   
Zebadee

Hi
Silicon Freak, are you sure about who IE7beta2 is aimed at. I was under the impression it was a general release despite the beta2 tag. Whereas IE7beta2preview was definately aimed at a particular group.
BTW To uninstall IE7 beta2/beta2preview simply make sure you have the 'show updates' box ticked in add/remove programs. Do this & uninstalling should be no more invovled than any other program.
See also this thread
http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/tm.asp?m=129351&mpage=1&key=🥇

< Message edited by Zebadee -- 4/26/2006 12:34:52 AM >

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Refresh ! - 4/26/2006 8:47:02 AM   
SiliconFreak

Hi Zebadee

I didnt say who it is aimed at...that was MajorGeeks editor that said that...I just left that info, so that someone wouldnt complain later that this program doesnt fully work or something like that....btw...I havent even tried it yet....cause IE6 and Firefox are more than enough for my current needs...so I guess I will stay with them...at least until they provide us fully functional IE7...

I am glad to hear that it works fine for you....so if you're happy with it...then use it...otherwise wait little longer for final version...also Thank You for uninstal info...I am sure many people who will try it will appreciate that very much (in case it's really sooooooo hard to uninstal it as some people said!? - dont know cause i havent tried it yet...but even if i did...i know I could also uninstall it...otherwise I would sue M$...hahahahhaha...just kidding...)...

I am in a hurry so talk to you later...Thanks once more and have a nice day!

(in reply to Zebadee)
Post #: 3
RE: Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Refresh ! - 4/26/2006 10:34:39 AM   
Zebadee

Hi
Silicon Freak, I did realise that it wasn't you yourself saying who IE7beta2 was intended for. (got the editor bit) Just surprised that it was left in as this is a general release unlike the IE7beta2preview, which was for developers etc. I think the hard to uninstall comes from a lack of knowledge when working with MS & their developers beta's. It has long been the case that you had to tick the show updates box to see these types of programs in add/remove. As they're otherwise invisible. I can only assume that some folks were doing manual uninstalls & editing registry etc. It just proves that the IE7beta2preview wasn't cutout for some. I've used IE7 in one form or another for a couple of months & despite early challenges felt it worth it. The latest release is almost novice friendly. Although despite the fact it is general release, it still has a section for those in the know to take part in the ongoing developement of this program. Cheers 

< Message edited by Zebadee -- 4/26/2006 12:52:57 PM >

Post #: 4
RE: Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Refresh ! - 4/26/2006 4:46:06 PM   
SiliconFreak

Thanks for the info Zebadee...I really appreciate that!

So to sum it up...is it worth to try it out already? And keep IE6 totally behind? Or still wait couple of month just to be sure?

(in reply to Zebadee)
Post #: 5
RE: Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Refresh ! - 4/26/2006 7:26:42 PM   
Zebadee

Hi
Silicon Freak, it is my understanding that in effect this is a prerelease version to be followed by the 'retail' in about 6 to 8 weeks. Unless something major comes to light. If you install the current IE7beta2. It will install like an update, so if for some reason you find there are conflicts. When you goto add/remove (remember to tick show updates) the removal will leave you with IE6 (inc any updates for this version[6]) similar to system restore in that context. 
I know I've been using it for a while, but in terms of whether almost anyone should try it. I would say yes. As despite what has been said elsewhere it's easy to restore to previous setup if required. This IE7 is more secure & has some features that I feel once you get used to it, you'll not want to go back.

< Message edited by Zebadee -- 4/26/2006 7:31:16 PM >

Post #: 6
RE: Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Refresh ! - 4/27/2006 6:40:27 AM   
SiliconFreak

If you say so....then maybe I'll really "play" with it over the weekend or next week (cause I as VERY BUSY lately)...and then tell you my opinions...although I already "know" that its surely much better than IE6 and that when I'll try it...I surely wont go back to nr.6 again...

(in reply to Zebadee)
Post #: 7
RE: Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Refresh ! - 4/27/2006 4:24:55 PM   
Zebadee

Hi
I was just checking something else when I noticed that IE7beta2 shows up in add/remove programs in the usual place for programs. In other words no need for the ticking box 'show updates'. This is obviously as part of the 'normalisation' of the program when it comes to install/uninstall. A step closer to retail.

Post #: 8
RE: Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Refresh ! - 4/28/2006 4:30:42 AM   
SiliconFreak

Nice to hear that...and as you said...one step closer to retail....cant wait for final version...

(in reply to Zebadee)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Refresh ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI