CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Chinese build Linux computer for $150   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 837 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> Chinese build Linux computer for $150 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Chinese build Linux computer for $150 - 4/24/2006 5:26:03 AM   
LinuxMarshall

A CHINE PC vendor has got a $150 PC into the market.

The strangely titled YellowSheepRiver says it managed to keep the costs down by sourcing components in China and using its own version of Linux called "Thinix 3.0"

Shipped under the catchy moniker "Municator YSR-639" the kit is based on a 64-bit Godson-2 'Dragon' CPU from BLX Semiconductor.

The Dragon is a little bit hot because it uses MIPS architecture without a licence. If any of these computers arrived in the US, we suspect MIPS lawyers would be at the docks to meet them.

The Godson-2 is about as good as a Pentium III, and are clocked at 600MHz. The Municator can plug into the telly via an S-video port and comes with a 40GB external USB drive.

It also has four front-mounted USB 2.0 ports, IrDA, and audio I/O. Additional rear-mounted interfaces include S-video, VGA, 10/100 Ethernet, serial, PS/2 keyboard/mouse, and IDE.

More here

Source : The Inquirer / Linux Devices
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> Chinese build Linux computer for $150 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI