CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Harddrive recorder with EPG? Help!!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 635 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> Harddrive recorder with EPG? Help!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Harddrive recorder with EPG? Help!! - 4/14/2006 5:52:04 PM   
Bungle

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!
At present I own a Toshiba DVD player that has a time shift function. This I find invaluable, as it has a 2 hour buffer, so as soon as I turn the machine on it starts recording to the hard drive, if I then pause, I can pause for up to 2 hours, and then either play or rewind back to the begginning of whatever I was pausing.
My dilema? It has started becoming unreliable, so I am looking to upgrade. I am after a machine with the following: Dvd player, hard drive recorder, EPG(if EPG via internet, then ethernet or wireless connection), timeshift recording, recording buffer of at least 2 hours. I have looked at media pc's but Windows Media 2005 only seems to have a1/2 hour buffer. Can this be extended?
Am I asking too much? I have been looking around and have recently bought a Kiss DP 558, but that seems not to have any recording buffer at all. Am i wrong? So that may have to go back.
Post #: 1
RE: Harddrive recorder with EPG? Help!! - 4/14/2006 7:14:12 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hi!

Dont panic!

From what I read about Kiss DP 558...it has everything you said....also time shifting and much more....depending on the model you also have 80 or 200GB Hard Disk Drive...also EPG....even Remote EPG....Weather reports....and Online games... And all thats for real...every single thing! So maybe you just didnt install something properly...otherwise dont know....read your manual again....slowly!

And if you dont like it....then dont know why panic again? There are MANY dvd recorders with those options (EPG,Time shifting,big HDD's...and much much more)...so all you need to do is Google around for them...or let me know which model or which pricerange are you up to and I'll try to find some for you....just PM me, cause I am not in this section very often ).

Meanwhile...you may check those 2 models... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00022PUDI/104-4845527-8235957?v=glance&n=172282 (Philips HDRW720 DVD Recorder with 120 GB Hard Drive) and http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/135204/art/sony/rdr-hx510-dvd-player-reco.html#fichetechnique (SONY RDR-HX510 DVD player/recorder with hard drive 80 GB)

Finally...I can do almost all that with my simple TV Tuner card....so dont know why you need to spend $200-$500 or more for something that does nothing more than TV Tuner for some $50!? But its your money and decision....all I can say is good luck in finding your "Ultimate Drive"...

Hope to cya around soon...Enjoy!

(in reply to Bungle)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> Harddrive recorder with EPG? Help!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI