CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Pirates of the Caribbean Online sets sail in 2007   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1186 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Pirates of the Caribbean Online sets sail in 2007 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pirates of the Caribbean Online sets sail in 2007 - 4/13/2006 1:20:31 AM   
T3TRISizer

Disney's MMORPG based on Pirates films won't be released alongside Dead Man's Chest, will appear at E3.

It appears as though gamers can stash that eye patch--for now. Disney Online's upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Pirates of the Caribbean Online, won't be walking the plank to retail waters in 2006. According to the game's Web site and a statement from Disney, the MMORPG will now plunder stores in 2007.

The game was originally scheduled to ship alongside the theatrical release of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest this summer. However, the new release date doesn't mean that the game won't have the benefit of a major motion picture tie-in. The game will launch sometime in 2007, which is also when the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie hits theaters.

In the game, players interact with characters from the films as they strive to become the Caribbean's most infamous pirate. Disney is sailing into uncharted waters, claiming that Pirates of the Caribbean Online will be the first MMOG "designed for kids and families." No matter who is playing, they'll have to have a steady income as Pirates will be charging a monthly fee.

Disney also announced that Pirates of the Caribbean Online will be on display at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo. No rating or pricing of the game has yet been revealed, but given Disney's knack for family fare, don't expect an M-for-Mature tag.

Source : GameSpot
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Pirates of the Caribbean Online sets sail in 2007 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI