CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Intel and Red Hat link for Linux   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1185 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> Intel and Red Hat link for Linux Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Intel and Red Hat link for Linux - 4/13/2006 1:18:10 AM   
LinuxMarshall

Intel and enterprise open source provider Red Hat have created a global program they say will help customers plan for, accelerate and optimise their deployments of Linux solutions.
 The companies claim that the program will be the first of its kind for Linux solutions development and will initially focus on developing and disseminating tools for platform virtualisation and grid computing. "The Red Hat-Intel Solution Acceleration Program will give customers real-time access to the critical information, tools and support they need to build and optimise Linux solutions on Intel-based platforms," asserts Jon Bork, Director of Intel's Open Source Program Office. "This program will help customersā€¦take advantage of new Intel platforms and technologies as they come to market." For his part, Tim Yeaton, Executive Vice President of Enterprise Solutions at Red Hat adds : "We're responding to what customers have told us they really need to support their advanced deployments of Linux and open sourceā€¦[the programs] are aimed at equipping customers with in-depth domain knowledge and providing hard core data to make complex architectural decisions." The Red Hat-Intel Solution Acceleration Program will operate online and at centre in the US, India and Germany, and at 14 satellite locations spanning the globe. The hubs will be equipped with Intel Itanium 2 and Xeon processor-based servers, Intel Pentium 4 processor-based corporate desktops, Intel Centrino mobile technology-based laptops, and Intel-based storage devices, including pre-production platforms. All of the centres, located at Red Hat facilities, will be utilised by services and solution experts from Intel and Red Hat, as well as customers and other partners who participate in solutions deployment. Services offered at the centres and those from online sources will include: training and knowledge transfer; proof of Concept Support; reference Solutions and Certified Solution Stacks. Red Hat has begun certifying a number of software solution stacks, and through the program will work with Intel to expand the number of certified solution stacks available and introduce a hardware component into certified solution stacks.  Source : Computer Weekly
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Linux News >> Intel and Red Hat link for Linux Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI