CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

New Tokyo Tower to be World's Tallest Tower !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 608 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Science and Tech >> New Tokyo Tower to be World's Tallest Tower ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Tokyo Tower to be World's Tallest Tower ! - 3/27/2006 10:20:52 AM   
SiliconFreak

Investors are hoping the new tower will be complete by 2010

Six Japanese broadcasting networks will work together to pay for a radio and television transmitter tower that will be the tallest tower in the world.  The tower will stand tall, reaching nearly 600 meters, which will make it taller than the 553-meter tall CN Tower in Toronto, Canada.  The New Tokyo Tower will be built in an old railway yard, with the company that owns the land also ready to pay for part of the construction of the tower. 

The broadcasters are using Tokyo Tower as a transmitter for both analog and digital terrestrial broadcasting. But Japan plans to switch broadcasting waves completely from analog to digital, which will offer high-quality audio visual transmission and two-way communications by July 2011.

The deal to finalize the plans for the second Tokyo Tower should be passed by the end of the month.  Construction is estimated to cost about $420 million.

Source : DailyTech

Computer generated image of the new Tokyo Tower

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Science and Tech >> New Tokyo Tower to be World's Tallest Tower ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI