CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Billionth song downloaded from US online iTunes music store !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 808 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Billionth song downloaded from US online iTunes music store ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Billionth song downloaded from US online iTunes music s... - 2/25/2006 7:34:49 AM   
SiliconFreak

US-based Apple Computers crossed the billion-song threshold at its internationally popular online iTunes music store.

The billionth song officially sold from the Internet music shop was "Speed of Sound" by the British band Coldplay. It was downloaded by a man in the US state of Michigan, according to Apple.

"I hope that every customer, artist and music company executive takes a moment today to reflect on what we've achieved together during the past three years," Apple chief executive Steve Jobs said in a written release.

"Over one billion songs have now been legally purchased and downloaded around the globe, representing a major force against music piracy and the future of music distribution as we move from CDs to the Internet."

Apple's iTunes store has been the prime vender for audio and video downloads for the company's market-dominating iPod portable MP3 players.

Apple referred to iTunes as the world's most popular video download store, saying it has sold more than 15 million videos.

Apple had sold more than 42 million iPods before recent retail price cuts made the MP3 music player even more affordable.

In the final quarter of 2005, ending with the Christmas holiday, iPod sales averaged about 100 per minute.

In keeping with its enigmatic marketing style, Apple has invited news reporters to its Cupertino, California, headquarters on Tuesday for the unveiling of "some fun new products."

Source : YahooNews
Post #: 1
RE: Billionth song downloaded from US online iTunes mus... - 2/25/2006 4:25:11 PM   
MP3Mogul

Yes, also note.  Apple gave this unsuspecting guy a $10,000.00 USD music card to download with, and a brand new shiny Apple IMac computer!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Billionth song downloaded from US online iTunes mus... - 2/26/2006 7:18:52 AM   
SiliconFreak

...and all the time I thought that this lucky guy was you...sorry to hear that you missed this great prize...

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 3
RE: Billionth song downloaded from US online iTunes mus... - 2/26/2006 8:16:07 AM   
MP3Mogul

LOL... I wish... but I don't download music from the internet.... even on paid services... I just purchase the CD's....

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

Post #: 4
RE: Billionth song downloaded from US online iTunes mus... - 2/26/2006 10:27:15 AM   
SiliconFreak

...but you need to change your lifestyle from time to time....so maybe its time to leave CD's alone for some time...and go for paid online services....btw...buying CD's doesnt give you any chances of winning computers or other interesting stuff...but then again....you dont need new computer nor $10,000.00 USD music cards....you got all that and much more...and if you still need something....you go to store and buy it...what difference does it make whether something costs 1000's, 10000's or 1M's US$....absolutely none....not for MP3Mogul...

Lucky lucky guy....some people were really born under happy stars....and you surely are one of them...and its ok that way...I feel happy for you...and for me its enough to be able to know you and talk&discuss here with you...I am like blessed....like I know Bill Gates personally....well almost...who knows...maybe in some 10 years time...you'll be in same rang with him (if you arent already...need to check my FBI&CIA files marked with "MP3Mogul Top Secret"...

Have a nice day!

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Billionth song downloaded from US online iTunes music store ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI