CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT Pics, Specs !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1414 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT Pics, Specs ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT Pics, Specs ! - 2/21/2006 5:46:52 PM   
SiliconFreak

NVIDIA's new 6600GT pin compatible component shows its face

Earlier today we reported about NVIDIA's new GeForce 7900GT -- the 90nm die shrink from GeForce 7800GT. As great as high end components are, the largest battles between ATI and NVIDIA will be fought on the mid-range.  GeForce 6600GT, NVIDIA's best selling GPU of all time, is getting a little long in the tooth.  NVIDIA deserves some well deserved credit for the foresight to keep GeForce 6600GT and 7600GT pin compatible. 

Due to the maturity of GeForce 6600GT, many manufacturers have added several features to the PCBs.  These features will also appear on GeForce 7600GT. Some manufacturers have told us that boards and final products have been ready to ship for several months but NVIDIA has held off on launch. No details were given as to why. Compared to the new GeForce 7900GT, the reference design for the GeForce 7600GT doesn't seem to support the same audio 4-pin leads.

Quick specifications for GeForce 7600GT from NVIDIA documents:

• PCIe native
  • 560MHz core frequency
  • 128-bit memory interface
  • 20.2GB/sec. memory bandwidth
  • 7B pixels/sec. fill rate
  • 730M vertices/sec.
  • 12 pixels per cycle
  • Built in dual-link DVI support for 2560x1600 resolution

More to come.

Source : DailyTech

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT Pics, Specs ! - 2/22/2006 3:39:34 AM   
major9686

no vivo ?

only 128bit ? :(

oh hell .. SAGA carries on :( .......

*to be continued*

< Message edited by major9686 -- 2/22/2006 1:35:25 PM >

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT Pics, Specs ! - 2/22/2006 12:45:00 PM   
SiliconFreak

Hahahaha...Neverending story huh?  I simply knew it...but its not just you - its always that way...that all those upgrading, new technologies,new,better,faster,xxx,yyy,....hahaahaha....all that continues....always....its just neverending story...which on one side is good...because of overall progress and improvement in those areas....but on the other side...majority of people cant earn so much so fast - to be able to be up-to-date with latest stuff (exept MP3Mogul )...so either they're willing to just work&die for their new technology (which they dont urgently need in most cases)...or...are they smart as You, major9686 (no offence-nothing personal)...who just look,compare,wait,etc...to be able decide to buy something after 2 years (although they could already own that 2 years ago - when product came out).... If someone asks me...BALANCE is the key...between those 2 ways described above...

*2 be continued 2*

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 3
RE: NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT Pics, Specs ! - 2/22/2006 1:06:17 PM   
major9686

quote:

ORIGINAL: SiliconFreak

Hahahaha...Neverending story huh?  I simply knew it...but its not just you - its always that way...that all those upgrading, new technologies,new,better,faster,xxx,yyy,....hahaahaha....all that continues....always....its just neverending story...which on one side is good...because of overall progress and improvement in those areas....but on the other side...majority of people cant earn so much so fast - to be able to be up-to-date with latest stuff (exept MP3Mogul )...so either they're willing to just work&die for their new technology (which they dont urgently need in most cases)...or...are they smart as You, major9686 (no offence-nothing personal)...who just look,compare,wait,etc...to be able decide to buy something after 2 years (although they could already own that 2 years ago - when product came out).... If someone asks me...BALANCE is the key...between those 2 ways described above...

*2 be continued 2*

well .. I dont wanna buy something expensive .. when I know that it wont even be DX10 compatible ..
and I do wanna have a vivo card .. but the x800gt and such dont have shader model 3. and I need it for oblivion .. Ive seen the differences ..
and I cant find a 6800GS that has VIVO :(

and the 7600GT sounds like the x1600 which sux !

and dont forget that here in israel .. in the cost of one 7800gtx etc. in the US I can but 2 of these !!!

Post #: 4
RE: NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT Pics, Specs ! - 2/22/2006 4:59:39 PM   
SiliconFreak

OK OK OK....I completely understand you...all I hope and wish is that you'll finally got what you're looking 4...thats all....

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 5
RE: NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT Pics, Specs ! - 2/23/2006 9:44:43 AM   
major9686

quote:

ORIGINAL: SiliconFreak

OK OK OK....I completely understand you...all I hope and wish is that you'll finally got what you're looking 4...thats all....

thx mate ;) and I wish u the best :) ha ha .. and that u will find some x1900 Retail on the streen ;) outside ur place ha ha !!!

peace ..

Post #: 6
RE: NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT Pics, Specs ! - 2/23/2006 10:13:27 AM   
SiliconFreak

Thanks...will do that... CrossFire (with 2 X1900XTX's) here i comeeeeeeeeee.....

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT Pics, Specs ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI