CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Visa shuts down 20 spoof, phishing websites !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1251 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Visa shuts down 20 spoof, phishing websites ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Visa shuts down 20 spoof, phishing websites ! - 2/19/2006 3:48:12 AM   
SiliconFreak

Visa Asia Pacific has uncovered and shut down 20 spoof websites to prevent cardholders from succumbing to online data theft.

Such websites are part of fraudulent online activities that are tied in with phishing emails, also known as "carding" or "brand spoofing".

In a statement on Feb 17, Visa said it was working with the relevant authorities and Internet service providers to shut down fake websites and render the phishing emails useless.

Phishing is the creation of email messages and web pages that replicate legitimate sites of well-known brands and businesses to con consumers into divulging personal financial information.

Visa reminded all cardholders to be aware of, and report, to the company phishing emails and dubious websites.
Despite Visa’s preventive efforts, it said prompt action by cardholders was an important link in stopping those fraudulent activities.

Visa said neither the payments network nor its member banks would initiate contact with cardholders by email or phone, especially when seeking their personal or confidential information.

It said to guard against phishing activities, Visa was collaborating with NameProtect, a digital asset protection company that monitors online data theft and other forms of payment fraud targeting Visa brand and member banks.

For a safe online shopping experience, Visa advised cardholders to use a secured web browser, keep tabs on transactions and to always protect card details.

Cardholders can report phishing and phony requests at phishing@visa.com or call 03-2330 2907.

Source : TheEdgeDaily
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> Visa shuts down 20 spoof, phishing websites ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI