CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

CDRW not rewritable ??   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 642 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> CDRW not rewritable ?? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CDRW not rewritable ?? - 2/11/2004 2:29:15 AM   
yi_hsun

I burned a VCD movie onto a cdrw disc and later when I wanted to burn another VCD movie using the same disc, it didn't allow me !!! What's the problem ?? Since for the first disc I didn't perform a quick/full erase before I burned the movie, so this time I took another blank cdrw disc and erased it first. But it's still not rewritable later when I tried to rewrite it.

Would somebody help me? Is there something that I missed?? I'm using Nero 6.3. My burner is Yamaha 3200E and I burned those discs at 10x speed. Those cdrw are 10x speed certified.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Post #: 1
RE: CDRW not rewritable ?? - 2/11/2004 2:34:01 AM   
yi_hsun

forgot to mention that I've tried both enable and disable "finalize CD" using DAO mode. But still not working.

thanks again.

(in reply to yi_hsun)
Post #: 2
RE: CDRW not rewritable ?? - 2/11/2004 10:45:05 AM   
sp

Was the -RW disc originally formated for packet writing?

WM # CI

(in reply to yi_hsun)
Post #: 3
RE: CDRW not rewritable ?? - 2/11/2004 7:01:45 PM   
yi_hsun

uh, i don't know about that. I just pop in a brean new rw disc and tried both (different new rw disc for every experiment) 1. burn directly without any formatting process 2. use nero to erase the disc and brun stuff. No matter what method i used, there's no way to burn them or rewrite anymore. What should be the proper steps to use a rw disc?? I already wasted 10~15 rw disc for this...

thanks for your reply, sp.

(in reply to yi_hsun)
Post #: 4
[Deleted] - 2/11/2004 11:25:17 PM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to yi_hsun)
  Post #: 5
RE: CDRW not rewritable ?? - 2/12/2004 1:09:12 AM   
yi_hsun

Thanks minos for your reply, yeah, theoretically speaking it should have no problem doing rewrites no matter how we burn it or format it or not, rite?! The branded surface says GQ CD-RW 4-10x compatible 700mb/80min. My burner is Yamaha 3200E, it's a 24x10x40 drive and I tried other brands a year ago and it did work.

(in reply to yi_hsun)
Post #: 6
RE: CDRW not rewritable ?? - 2/12/2004 10:00:57 AM   
sp

There is indeed no effect of the format of the disc. It does depend though on the case whether you are using packet writing or normal recording.

WM # CI

(in reply to yi_hsun)
Post #: 7
RE: CDRW not rewritable ?? - 2/12/2004 4:38:15 PM   
yi_hsun

really, i use normal recording all the time....but it just won't rewrite...

(in reply to yi_hsun)
Post #: 8
RE: CDRW not rewritable ?? - 2/13/2004 8:52:38 PM   
yi_hsun

I just bought a few TDK 4-12x cdrw to see if this time rewrite will work. However, after rewrite the disc it won't allow further writes. My Yamaha drive couldn't even detect the disc. If the discs are fine, then it must be my Yamaha burner got problem on its rewrite capability. I'm going to give up and get myself a new burner, liteon SOHC 5232K.

(in reply to yi_hsun)
Post #: 9
RE: CDRW not rewritable ?? - 2/19/2004 6:58:48 PM   
yi_hsun

I just got my LiteON SOHC-5232K this Tuesday and I tried all those cdrws on the drive it works very well. So the Yamaha 3200E is the cause, it was the best 24x cdr burner I had but now i've gotta throw it away. I tried my new drive for write transfer in Nero CD speed and got an average write of 40.88x !! Best I've ever seen. So far I'm very satisfied with this drive and hopefully I can see its review somewhere on net soon.

(in reply to yi_hsun)
Post #: 10
[Deleted] - 2/20/2004 11:18:16 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to yi_hsun)
  Post #: 11
[Deleted] - 2/20/2004 11:19:58 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to yi_hsun)
  Post #: 12
RE: CDRW not rewritable ?? - 2/20/2004 7:45:11 PM   
yi_hsun

quote:
Originally posted by minos

quote:
Originally posted by yi_hsun

I just bought a few TDK 4-12x cdrw to see if this time rewrite will work. However, after rewrite the disc it won't allow further writes. My Yamaha drive couldn't even detect the disc. If the discs are fine, then it must be my Yamaha burner got problem on its rewrite capability. I'm going to give up and get myself a new burner, liteon SOHC 5232K.

Did you tried with the "Start Multisession" option? If you didn't then you cannot add more data on the disc.

Yes I did tried with the "Start Multisession" option and I found that it works for rewriting data-CDs but still not working for burning VCDs.

(in reply to yi_hsun)
Post #: 13
RE: CDRW not rewritable ?? - 2/20/2004 7:46:58 PM   
yi_hsun

quote:
Originally posted by minos

quote:
Originally posted by yi_hsun

I just got my LiteON SOHC-5232K this Tuesday and I tried all those cdrws on the drive it works very well. So the Yamaha 3200E is the cause, it was the best 24x cdr burner I had but now i've gotta throw it away. I tried my new drive for write transfer in Nero CD speed and got an average write of 40.88x !! Best I've ever seen. So far I'm very satisfied with this drive and hopefully I can see its review somewhere on net soon.

Real soon CDRinfo will publish a new hardware review about LiteON SOHC-5232K.

Wow, I'm looking forward to read this review. thx.

(in reply to yi_hsun)
Post #: 14
RE: CDRW not rewritable ?? - 2/21/2004 12:04:17 AM   
yi_hsun

Here's my two interesting findings. One thing I found interesting about this 5232K drive is that it takes more time to burn a disc with Smartburn off. Another is that I found this drive's current transfer mode is at Ultra DMA 3, this is strange since the spec listed on the official site says it only supports up to DMA 2.

(in reply to yi_hsun)
Post #: 15
[Deleted] - 2/21/2004 1:06:45 AM   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]

(in reply to yi_hsun)
  Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> CDRW not rewritable ?? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI