CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Yahoo Upgrades the Music Engine !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 675 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Yahoo Upgrades the Music Engine ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yahoo Upgrades the Music Engine ! - 2/8/2006 4:55:37 AM   
SiliconFreak

Yahoo has added several new features that should please Yahoo Music Engine users

Yesterday Yahoo released a new version of the Yahoo Music Engine - the service designed to compete against the popular Apple iTunes music service - via the Yahoo Music Blog.  The new program will offer users better flexibility when making playlists and more improved portability synching.  Users will also be able to search music libraries more easily because of search capabilities by song name, artist, or keyword.  Subscribers to the Yahoo Music Engine Unlimited service will also find some new features to better suit play lists as they increase in size. 

The newest screenshots of YME have an uncanny resemblance to iTunes, but the developers sure aren't shying away from that fact.  From the blog:

We added a “scratch playlist” that shows you what’s currently playing and allows you to add/remove/edit without having to leave the page in Y! Music Unlimited you might be on at the moment. Drag and drop right from Y! Unlimited pages (just drag the album covers to queue the full album) to the scratch playlist or the playlist of your choice. Also, your playlists follow you from computer to computer like that sheep of Bo Peep’s. Make a playlist on your home computer and it’ll follow you to your work computer. Add a short description to your playlist and “make it public” to share your playlist masterpiece with the world. Click “link” on the playlist page for a link to the playlist which you can easily post on your blog or send to your friend.

Source : DailyTech

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News >> Yahoo Upgrades the Music Engine ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI