CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

$200 Nintendo Revolution !?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 806 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> $200 Nintendo Revolution !? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
$200 Nintendo Revolution !? - 2/6/2006 7:26:25 AM   
T3TRISizer

Analyst Predicts a 200 Dollar Revolution and Persistant Xbox360 shortages.

Another analyst prediction to throw into the pile, this one a glimmer of hope for those who are a little short on cash. Perennial US analyst PJ McNealy predicts that the Nintendo Revolution will hit shelves at a modest $200 price tag.
Of course we all know the official announcement that the Revolution will retail at "less than $300." But surprising is the $100 drop that McNealy predicts to be the edge over the Revolution's competitors, the Xbox360 and the Playstation 3.

Along with this prediction, McNealy also included insight on the Xbox360's shortages. Apparently, we'll be seeing Xbox360 shortages all up until summer. This, in turn, will create a "surge interest" in the console making it a hot item.

Whatever the case, I just hope these analysts know what they're talking about.

Source : Game Shout

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: $200 Nintendo Revolution !? - 2/6/2006 11:36:48 AM   
SithTracy

While I am not much of a gamer, I do have kids and right now they have a GameCube... and they have a blast with Mario Baseball, Mario Super Strikers (soccer), Mario Kart Double-Dash, Super Monkey Ball, and Super-Smash Bros. Melee to name a few... I like Nintento's titles and game play (and I am a Zelda fan)... If the Revolution is backward compatible with GameCube games, I will again look at that instead of the MS and Sony offerings.

Nintendo may have a bad wrap with gamers, but as a parent, I am quite happy with them and my kids enjoy the games more than the neighbors PS2... and th neighbor kids are at my house when I get home from work playing Nintendo games...

(in reply to T3TRISizer)
Post #: 2
RE: $200 Nintendo Revolution !? - 2/6/2006 11:38:44 AM   
SithTracy

Deleted text - post duplicated for some reason....

< Message edited by SithTracy -- 2/6/2006 11:46:10 AM >

(in reply to T3TRISizer)
Post #: 3
RE: $200 Nintendo Revolution !? - 2/6/2006 12:13:28 PM   
Clint

Apparently, Nintendo code name "Revolution" will be backward-compatible with alot more than just GameCube games...

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 4
RE: $200 Nintendo Revolution !? - 2/6/2006 1:46:15 PM   
SithTracy

Yes, so they claim, but we will have to wait and see the final specs.  Keep in mind the DS was supposed to be a music jukebox as well and that has not come to light yet.  One drawback is that everything with all these consoles is an upgrade or addon.

(in reply to Clint)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> $200 Nintendo Revolution !? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI