CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

New Visa Credit Cards Get A Facelift !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1260 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Science and Tech >> New Visa Credit Cards Get A Facelift ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Visa Credit Cards Get A Facelift ! - 2/6/2006 7:04:58 AM   
SiliconFreak

Visa's new super secure credit cards leave counterfeiters scratching their heads

Security in every industry is on high alert nowadays. From RFID to biometric passports, things people use everyday are receiving an upgrade in digital protection. Often times however, digital protection schemes do not offer the promised security that designers originally hoped.

Visa on the other hand, is rolling a new generation of credit cards called the EMV (Europay-MasterCard-Visa) -- a chip-enhanced card that contain a new set of security features that offer dramatically higher chances to avoid being counterfeited. The new cards will use state of the art holographic, ultraviolet light, thermal printing, and design. One of the first few things people will notice is that the original magnetic strip has been replaced by a animated holographic strip with built in security measures. Featuring a flock of doves, the strip will animate in a certain pattern when the card is tilted from left to right.

Other notable features include print that is sensitive to ultraviolet light. The signature panel also has hidden print that will show "void" when it is tampered with. Shining ultraviolet light on the panel will also reveal a repeating Visa logo.

The traditional embossed card number will also receive a face lift. According to Visa, the new numbers can be stamped using thermal print that will change with color depending on heat. The new cards will all feature smart chips integrated into the card.

Visa indicates that the new cards are beginning to enter circulation and the old less secure cards will be phased out by 2010. A large bank in Malaysia named Maybank was Visa's first customer to try out the cards to customers.

Source : DailyTech

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Science and Tech >> New Visa Credit Cards Get A Facelift ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI