CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Sony rolls out MP3, WMA-enabled XPLOD MEX-1GP receiver !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1284 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Sony rolls out MP3, WMA-enabled XPLOD MEX-1GP receiver ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sony rolls out MP3, WMA-enabled XPLOD MEX-1GP receiver ! - 2/4/2006 9:41:40 AM   
SiliconFreak

With 1 GB of onboard flash memory, Sony's latest car receiver sports native MP3 and WMA playback as well as an AM/FM radio and a CD player which tackles AAC/AAC+ files.

Consumer electronics behemoth Sony has begun selling the XPLOD MEX-1GP, marking the arrival of the company's first in-car receiver with native support for playback of the popular MP3 format. Also supporting WMA, the receiver is equipped with a detachable front which connects to PCs via USB 2.0 to allow for the transfer of content, in addition to supporting CD-R/RW discs with music stored in AAC and AAC+ formats purhcased through Sony's Connect online store.

Equipped with a 13-segment LCD display which informs users of track and title information as well as displaying album, artist and track name, the XPLOD MEX-1GP also supports more conventional means of in-car entertainment including an AM/FM radio and plain CD playback. A built-in 208-watt power amplifier and a three-band equalizer are also present, while selectable rear/subwoofer preamp outputs control the frequency and output level of an external amplifier.

Shipping now worldwide, the Sony XPLOD MEX-1GP sells in the $350 USD range.

Source : InfoSyncWorld

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Sony rolls out MP3, WMA-enabled XPLOD MEX-1GP recei... - 2/4/2006 9:56:04 AM   
SithTracy

WOW!  Sony adding AAC/AAC+, and I did not see ATRAC support in there.  I guess they are conceding to Apple.

Kenwood and Pioneer have a few car decks that supports AAC/AAC+.  I guess it is more than MP3 and ATRAC support that will sell your products!

Closing the Walkman factory, supporting AAC, having the Sony-BMG DMC debacle disgrace the Sony name, and having your PS3 development team publicly question the direction of the PS3 product... Not a good time for Sony.

Hope adding AAC works out for them because I actually prefer that format to MP3.  Now we need a car deck that supports ogg, Monkey's Audio and a few others and it will be the ultimate deck.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: Sony rolls out MP3, WMA-enabled XPLOD MEX-1GP recei... - 2/7/2006 4:28:22 AM   
emperor

The specs are very good, i don't know the price

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: Sony rolls out MP3, WMA-enabled XPLOD MEX-1GP recei... - 2/7/2006 6:57:51 AM   
SiliconFreak

Hahahaha...READ my dear emperor...READ....and not just specs...but entire article above....

US$350 range it says....so some $300-400 should be enough for this baby...

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Consumer Electronics News >> Sony rolls out MP3, WMA-enabled XPLOD MEX-1GP receiver ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI