CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Brain spots web flaws in milliseconds !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 499 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Science and Tech >> Brain spots web flaws in milliseconds ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Brain spots web flaws in milliseconds ! - 1/17/2006 12:36:55 PM   
SiliconFreak

Visitors to a web page will work out whether or not they like it in 50 milliseconds, according to new research.

According to Nature.com, boffins at Carleton University in Ottawa tested web page visitors to see how users made snap decisions about web page quality.

Gitte Lindgaard, who did the research, was surprised that the brain was making flash judgements about web pages almost as fast as the eye was taking in the information.

The research which was published in the journal Behaviour and Information Technology found that impressions were made in the first 50 milliseconds of viewing.

Volunteers were presented volunteers with the briefest glimpses of web pages previously rated as being either easy on the eye or particularly jarring, and asked them to rate the websites on a sliding scale of visual appeal.

The volunteers were able to spot the nice looking web pages from the rougher ones even though the images flashed up for only 50 milliseconds.

More here.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Science and Tech >> Brain spots web flaws in milliseconds ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI