CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

World Exclusive Preview: MSI's MXM SLI Card !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 852 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> World Exclusive Preview: MSI's MXM SLI Card ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
World Exclusive Preview: MSI's MXM SLI Card ! - 1/5/2006 5:41:45 PM   
SiliconFreak

As we already know, the MXM graphics module is NVIDIA's answer to discrete graphics integration in notebooks. The MXM is essentially a scaled down PCI Express interface which attempts to be a standard interconnect for discrete graphics solution used in notebooks. MXM is an initiative by NVIDIA, so it's natural that you'll find only MXM modules based on NVIDIA's GeForce Go GPUs.

MXM has many benefits and its flexibility will obviously help notebook manufacturers offer systems with various kinds of graphics. Besides that, MXM will also allow graphics upgradeability in a notebook as it has done away with proprietary graphics interfaces. The MXM electromechanical specification also detailed the size of the MXM module along with its retention mechanism and cooling requirements. All these standards have made it possible for notebook manufacturers to adopt MXM as the standard graphics interface for their notebooks and obviously reducing the manufacturer's development time. In fact, according to NVIDIA, MXM is an open standard and ATI is free to use its specifications as well.

Now, what is MXM SLI then? Well, as its name implies, it's SLI using two MXM modules - it's that simple. It seems that MSI has found a way to put two MXM modules together in an SLI configuration without the need for any complicated hardware modifications on the MXM modules. As we found out, MXM SLI is just as simple as putting two MXM modules together.

Here's a quick preview of MSI's prototype MXM SLI card which will be showcased at CES 2006

More...

Source : HardwareZone

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> World Exclusive Preview: MSI's MXM SLI Card ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI