CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

New GTA will focus on London   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 851 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> New GTA will focus on London Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New GTA will focus on London - 12/28/2005 6:22:29 PM   
T3TRISizer

After the creators of the beloved Diablo franchise decided to go solo and started to work on their vision of Diablo 3, named Hellgate: London - there have been rumours in the industry that The Next Big Thing in gaming will be tbe virtualisation of real-world cities. So, instead of running around in realistic, but non-existent enviroments - you have live cities which you can actually visit for less than the price of the game, if you don't mind flying low-cost airlines.

First proof of theory is the fact that Rockstar Games has, more than probably - placed the next installation of Grand Theft Auto franchise in the capital of Blightyland.

Under the name GTA: London, you will experience a game based upon a totally new engine which is going to be the ground base for next series of GTA games, developed with PlayStation 3 capabilites in mind.

The Engine comes with multi-threaded support, and the graphic capabilites are those of Graphzilla's G70 marchitecture, which actually is at the heart of PlayStation 3. Of course, with no operating system hogging the hardware, you can expect quite spectacular recreation of London, and I'll definetly park my car at least once next to the house I once lived in, in Bayswater.

The concept of the game remains the same, so forget about racing in whole of London at the very start. The city is separated into several areas, like Central (City of Westminster, probably unlocked last), East End, West End. Who knowns, perhaps there is even a Mageek house hidden somewhere... and you'll hear industry secrets and roadmaps while trashing yourself in the now world-famous Porcupine Pub.

Hmmm...racing on Heathrow or London City... yummie... and perhaps even running all those special combos when stunting around a certain white jellyfish named Millenium Dome.

And of course, the sad part. As you already know, Grand Theft Auto is a key game in the console world, and one of three jewels in Sony's crown. So, the game comes out on PlayStation 3 in Q4 2006, but the PC and Xbox 360 versions won't show up for another world wearying six months later. Unless Microsoft opens up its pockets and does its best to snatch the series from PlayStation world.

Source : The Inquirer
Post #: 1
RE: New GTA will focus on London - 12/29/2005 12:24:28 AM   
major9686

Hip hip hurray ! hip hip HURRAY !!!
yeah .. another gta game to rock the worldly scene ;)
ha ha ...
damn .. I love that series ...
ha ha ..
any idea on date of release ?

(in reply to T3TRISizer)
Post #: 2
RE: New GTA will focus on London - 12/29/2005 12:33:45 AM   
major9686

quote:

ORIGINAL: major9686

Hip hip hurray ! hip hip HURRAY !!!
yeah .. another gta game to rock the worldly scene ;)
ha ha ...
damn .. I love that series ...
ha ha ..
any idea on date of release ? (never mind ;) ha ha .. and I do hope microsoft wont get it and it will stay a sony PS franchise)
hmm .. london ah ?
finally not just italiano mafioso .. chinese gangs and triads .. black man gangs and rules the streets .. I think we might get into the IRA this time ha ha ..
and we will play as an Irish dude .. damn I love their axcent ;)
oh .. by the way Rockstar were suppose to release some game named Bully .. or something like that .. which I think also based somewhere in the UK ..

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> New GTA will focus on London Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI