CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RIAA asks US to strike Russia !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1207 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> RIAA asks US to strike Russia ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RIAA asks US to strike Russia ! - 12/26/2005 5:58:10 AM   
SiliconFreak

The recording Industry of America (RIAA) is leaning on the US Senate to take tough action against Russia over music and software piracy in that country.

According to its newsletter, here, the RIAA has managed to get a bill sponsored in the Senate that will get Russia thrown out of the World Trade Organisation if it doesn’t conduct a purge against pirates.

The RIAA wants Russia to know that unless it submits to its demands to stop acting as a safe haven for pirates then there is no chance of it getting decent trading conditions with the US.

RIAA chairman and CEO Mitch Bainwol said that the U.S.-Russia relationship must be built upon a mutual understanding of shared obligations and the application of the rule of law.

"The effective protection of American intellectual property has been sorely lacking in Russia. We must not enter into political arrangements with countries ill-prepared to adequately protect our greatest economic assets," Bainwol said.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
RE: RIAA asks US to strike Russia ! - 12/26/2005 9:11:10 AM   
SithTracy

Corporate America needs to stay out of delicate political affairs.  I realize the vested interest, but suggesting a threat to a country over a few MP3's?  Please!  To hell with the RIAA.  The world is already waging war on them... they market appearance and sex above talent and produce albums that have one to two decent songs... Why would you want to drop fifteen-dollars (U.S.) when you can get the songs somewhere else for a nominal fee?  (i.e. iTunes Music Store, All of MP3.com -- which is likely one of the sites the RIAA is seeking to destroy diplomatic relations over.)

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: RIAA asks US to strike Russia ! - 1/5/2006 4:09:37 AM   
emperor

again RIAA asks outrageous things!

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> RIAA asks US to strike Russia ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI