CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

ATI has new dual core driver !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1224 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> ATI has new dual core driver ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ATI has new dual core driver ! - 12/5/2005 7:24:32 AM   
SiliconFreak

ATI is working on its new driver that will boost performance in dual core systems. We are not sure whether it's talking about 5.12 driver that is expected this week or whether it will be the part of next years 6.1 driver. One thing is sure: ATI gnomes are working hard on it in the run up to Santa Claus day.

Sources close to ATI claimed some ten to twenty per cent performance increase with dual core CPUs but we still have to prove those claims. We expect that some kind of beta should be around and that we might get hold of such software soon.

ATI should be ready with its new Vista driver but if Microsoft has cancelled Vista beta 2 revision we are not sure how much that can actually change the minds of the ATI driver makers.

We will try to get some info for you as soon as poss. We are sure that ATI driver chaps are working hadishly hard to get this Avivo marchitecture up and running and they sure did a hell of a job.

You can expect to get some additional details soon, Saint Nicholas willing.

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
RE: ATI has new dual core driver ! - 12/7/2005 6:14:08 PM   
Matthew

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2629

Looks like dual core support is trialling in a VERY beta 5.12 - while it seems to favour dual, the results are all over the place.
If they can make it at least as good with as without, then I'd bet on them dropping dual core from this release, or maybe even dropping the release if there are no new cards to support.

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> ATI has new dual core driver ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI