CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Where the heck is the ATI X1600 ?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1032 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Where the heck is the ATI X1600 ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where the heck is the ATI X1600 ? - 12/3/2005 11:08:21 AM   
SiliconFreak

After receiving thorough beating from "blast from the past" named 6800GS, it was more than obvious that highly-clocked RV530 chip has in for a bit of rough and tumble.

Although the performance in some of our Vertex Shader tests slapped even the elder brother (X1800XL) from the face of Earth, at same time the concept of slaughtered pipeline made it tough for developers to think on.

In case you didn't knew already, RV530 packs 12 Pixel Shader units/processors/pipes bolted to four Vertex Shader units/processors/pipes and four Texture Memory Units (TMUs) from "one side", while output is being processed by mere four rasterizing processors (ROP), ending up with a mere four pixels being churned out on screen every clock. This was the same concept with nVIDIA's 6600, but nV had eight Pixel Pipelines equipped with a 1TMU per pipe, so the GPU was filled all the time.

However, let's get back to business. On that grand event in Ibiza, ATi was shelling out slides claiming the availability of X1600XT and X1600Pro would be set for November 30th, while the CrossFire Edition would follow later. As we know by now, CrossFire edition was cancelled and now X1600 will be paired in the same manner as X1300 will be.

Partners are being dead silent about X1600, pulling all the stops to get as much X1300Pro's on the market, and satisfy the need of market for expensive cards in the form of 512MB GDDR3 ones.

When we talked to an ATi rep from the book of Peter Pan just days ago, he told us the availability is dead set for November 30th. Sadly, it's December. What's going on?

Source : TheInquirer
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Computer Graphics >> Where the heck is the ATI X1600 ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI