CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Skype 2.0 goes beta, adds video calling !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 725 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> Skype 2.0 goes beta, adds video calling ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Skype 2.0 goes beta, adds video calling ! - 12/1/2005 6:51:15 PM   
SiliconFreak

As the beta of Skype 2.0 hits virtual shelves, video calls are added to the popular software's voice and instant messaging features. Also on tap: presence integration with TypePad blogs.

Internet darling Skype today unveiled the latest version of its popular communication software, marking the introduction of full-fledged video calling to the client. Now out in beta, version 2.0 allows for full-duplex, full-screen video calls, also offering several other improvements over the current version 1.4 of the software.

Having received a slight visual makeover in a bid to provide more rapid access to frequently used functionality, Skype 2.0 retains all of the functionality offered by the company's previous version whilst introducing several new features. In addition to placing video calls, users can now indicate their mood as well as their online presence, whilst a new time zone indicator informs users of the local time of their contacts.

Also new as of Skype 2.0 is the ability to group contacts, adding to the existing real-time contact search as a means of more easily coming to terms with crowded contact lists. Also, courtesy of a partnership with blog provider TypePad, users of the latter will be able to add presence indicators to their blogs to allow for readers to see when bloggers are available to talk.

Compatible with 'almost any webcam', according to Skype, the company has teamed up with Creative and Logitech to offer Skype certified web cameras in markets around the world. Among the models guaranteed to work with Skype are Logitech's QuickCam Fusion and QuickCam for Notebooks Pro, both featuring 1.3 Megapixel resolution and face tracking.

Skype 2.0 Beta is available immediately as a free download from the Skype web site.

Source : InfoSyncWorld
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Software News >> Skype 2.0 goes beta, adds video calling ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI