CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Microsoft Vista to arrive early   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1501 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft Vista to arrive early Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Microsoft Vista to arrive early - 11/28/2005 6:54:16 AM   
WinThusiast

Microsoft seems to be planning an August release for Vista, despite the fact that it claims that it will not hit the shops until December 2006.

Business Week has received a copy of the internal blog of Vole executive Chris Jones,which said that he will not get his bonus if Vista is not shipped with high quality and with the 'soul intact' by August 31st, 2006.

This means that Vole clearly wants the OS out in time for people to put the operating system under their Crimbo trees. Although we are not sure how much of a Christmas rush there will be for operating systems.

Although it would be better than socks, Vista doesn't really come with that figgy pudding feel for Yuletide gifts.

Jones, who is Corporate Vice President, Windows Core Operating System Program Management, said that if he doesn't make the deadline then it will be a miserable Christmas for him and his family, with no turkey for Tiny Tim.

More at Arstechnica.

Source : The Inquirer & Arstechnica
Post #: 1
RE: Microsoft Vista to arrive early - 11/28/2005 4:09:18 PM   
MP3Mogul

Jones, no turkey for Tiny Tim, let me see, Jones, whose annual salary is 3.28 Million USD??? Wow turkey has gotten expensive.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to WinThusiast)
Post #: 2
RE: Microsoft Vista to arrive early - 11/28/2005 6:23:37 PM   
SithTracy

quote:

Jones, who is Corporate Vice President, Windows Core Operating System Program Management, said that if he doesn't make the deadline then it will be a miserable Christmas for him and his family, with no turkey for Tiny Tim.

While firms across the U.S. are killing the nations workforce by outsourcing jobs overseas to reduce cost, this "knob job" of a V.P. has a lot of nerve by making that statement.  I hope the his wife leaves him for one of his subordinates and mails him the photos... and no matter how much money he makes, I hope he can't buy his way out of prison for some corporate scandal he is likely involved with and he ends up being "Bubba's B--h" for five to ten years in a Texas prison!!!! <Did I just type my thoughts out loud?  Okay - it may be a little extreme... maybe I wish this of my firms CEO!!!>

They say unemployment in the U.S. is not that bad, but what is not making it into those statistics are those that received it for so long they are no longer eligible.

(in reply to WinThusiast)
Post #: 3
RE: Microsoft Vista to arrive early - 11/28/2005 6:34:31 PM   
MP3Mogul

ROTFL!!!! Amen!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 4
RE: Microsoft Vista to arrive early - 11/29/2005 1:59:22 AM   
major9686

quote:

ORIGINAL: MP3Mogul

ROTFL!!!! Amen!

I couldnt really understand what you all are talkin about but I hope we wont see vista til 2007 .. :)
cause it will probably have DX10 .. and if I buy a card now .. I dont want to replace it for at least 2 years !!!

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 5
RE: Microsoft Vista to arrive early - 11/30/2005 9:30:48 PM   
SithTracy

ROTFL = Rolling on the floor laughing... net slang

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 6
RE: Microsoft Vista to arrive early - 12/1/2005 1:23:23 AM   
major9686

quote:

ORIGINAL: SithTracy

ROTFL = Rolling on the floor laughing... net slang

you meant ROFL ...

and what so funny ?!

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 7
RE: Microsoft Vista to arrive early - 12/2/2005 1:18:48 PM   
SithTracy

quote:

and what so funny ?!

Corporate U.S. humor, I guess???!!!??? (odd to say that)....  Probably need to work for a U.S. firm in our current economy to find sarcastic humor in what I said above (third post).

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 8
RE: Microsoft Vista to arrive early - 12/2/2005 3:13:32 PM   
MP3Mogul

Yes, Definate corporate U.S. Humor!

And ROTFL = Rolling on the floor laughing... never seen it put ROFL (well not in the US)

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News >> Microsoft Vista to arrive early Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI