CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Blizzard Sued for Death of Gamer   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1195 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Blizzard Sued for Death of Gamer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Blizzard Sued for Death of Gamer - 11/21/2005 5:17:51 PM   
T3TRISizer

In the latest saga over online gaming addiction in China, the parents of a 13-year-old Tianjin boy are suing the makers of World of Warcraft, blaming the game for the death of their son, according to the Chinese news agency Xinhua.

The parents filed a suit against Blizzard Entertainment on Wednesday, saying their son jumped to his death while reenacting a scene from the game, the report said.

The parents are backed by the anti-Internet addiction advocate Zhang Chunliang. Mr. Chunliang has spoken to 63 parents whose children have allegedly suffered from online gaming addiction and plans to file a class-action suit, according to the report.

Source : Slashdot
Post #: 1
RE: Blizzard Sued for Death of Gamer - 11/27/2005 6:04:23 PM   
flammable pyro

well that is wrong
first guess who bot that kid the game??? probAbly the parents. second if they thought it waz having an effect on him y not take it away? how does ur kid just jump off a cliff lets think do they just let there kids runing around near cliffs in china?!?!? so sueing isent right any parent who lets there kids play or buys it already surenders there rights to sue because its there choice. dumb idiots in china need to get there asses in gear and firgure out if there leting there psyco kids play those games it might come with consiquences....

(in reply to T3TRISizer)
Post #: 2
RE: Blizzard Sued for Death of Gamer - 11/27/2005 6:10:54 PM   
flammable pyro

plus dosent everyone have free will? did the game pick him up and throw him off the clif? if he saw a tv show and they were operating on someone and he tried it himself is it the tv shows fault?? if u can answer yes to theese qestions then yes they have a right to sue.

(in reply to flammable pyro)
Post #: 3
RE: Blizzard Sued for Death of Gamer - 11/28/2005 5:15:38 AM   
fernandes

I couldn't agree more with ya m8. This sueing attitude sux. If the parents can't protect their childern, then they are to blame. I guess they wanna clear themselves of the guilts by blaming someone else for their failure as parents....

Post #: 4
RE: Blizzard Sued for Death of Gamer - 11/28/2005 10:05:58 AM   
flammable pyro

u hit it right there thats exactly wat i was saying but couldent word it that way

(in reply to fernandes)
Post #: 5
RE: Blizzard Sued for Death of Gamer - 11/29/2005 2:06:57 AM   
major9686

quote:

ORIGINAL: flammable pyro

u hit it right there thats exactly wat i was saying but couldent word it that way

what a bunch of crap !
when will people stop lookin for easy money and sue companies for their games ..
I mean its the parents fault that their children were stupid enough to die cause of this .. or to go on a rampage .. or to commit suicide .. it says that they werent that good of a parents after all .. ha ha ..
I mean come on !!! people are such prudes .. or stupid ..
the whole GTA;SA hot coffee scandel was ... STUPID !

Post #: 6
RE: Blizzard Sued for Death of Gamer - 11/29/2005 3:22:56 AM   
fernandes

indeed..bite them Venom ;)

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 7
RE: Blizzard Sued for Death of Gamer - 11/29/2005 4:53:03 PM   
MP3Mogul

Flammable,

Just a "suggestion" but you perhaps might want to use "proper english", I understand you just fine, but remember, there are ALOT of different cultures here, that already have a hard time with english, much less converting what you are typing to english.... (not derogatory, just a thought)

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to fernandes)
Post #: 8
RE: Blizzard Sued for Death of Gamer - 11/29/2005 6:37:58 PM   
flammable pyro

oh sorry people who can bearly read english how dumb of me not to use proper english from the bottom of my heart i apologize

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 9
RE: Blizzard Sued for Death of Gamer - 11/30/2005 5:24:31 AM   
MP3Mogul

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

Post #: 10
RE: Blizzard Sued for Death of Gamer - 11/30/2005 10:05:49 AM   
flammable pyro

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 11
RE: Blizzard Sued for Death of Gamer - 12/1/2005 6:54:51 PM   
flammable pyro

ok so one kid goes crazy one kid!!! see they would have the right to sue if more then like 100 kids did it because then everyone would know it would have somthing to do with the game but hey if they lett there kids go play on cliffs then maybe they should jump off the edge with them because anyone who cant watch there kid or notice a behavioral change shouldent be sueing i mean i would be pised if my kid jumped off the edge off a cliff and so would any of u but still its not like the game got up and pushed him off. bring your game on the edge of a cluff with you and tell them to push you off go ahead its not going to do it so if there get is psyco enough to re-nact it maybe its good one less weirdo insane kid is gone. but i dont mean that im sure the kid was cool but he had to have had some problems.

He's not dead... he's electroencephalographically challenged.

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Blizzard Sued for Death of Gamer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI