CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Professional gamer gets six-figure salary   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 830 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Professional gamer gets six-figure salary Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Professional gamer gets six-figure salary - 11/21/2005 5:28:58 AM   
T3TRISizer

Johhathan Wendel is now earning a six figure salary for playing computer games professionally.

According to happynews.com the 24-year-old, known by his nickname 'Fatal1ty', is earning bucket loads of cash playing computer games.

Not surprisingly he thinks that it is fun to play games for a living and getting up on Monday morning is very easy for him.

Wendel earns that much cash playing a circuit of games conventions. For example if he won the Cyberathlete Professional League World Tour Grand Finals that began yesterday he would get $150,000.

He made only $110,000 in 2000, his first pro year, and has been consistently earning a respectable salary built on play he considers work. This year, Wendel expects to make about $200,000 between winnings and flogging his own brand of products.

However, he only pays himself $15,000 a year and invests all his cash. He says that he does not have time to spend the cash because he is too dedicated and determined to be the best he doesnt have time indulge.

This would be why the INQ once had to pay for an enormous Chinese meal in Gerrard Street W1, when Abit should have paid, really.

More here.

Source : The Inquirer

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Professional gamer gets six-figure salary - 11/27/2005 12:54:18 AM   
major9686

I hate him so bad :(
if only I was gettin' paid to be sick and infront of the pc all day ...

(in reply to T3TRISizer)
Post #: 2
RE: Professional gamer gets six-figure salary - 12/13/2005 2:50:38 AM   
ah bao

why?? why??? OMG!!    where are these competitions??? can anyone enter??

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Game News >> Professional gamer gets six-figure salary Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI