CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

The Emergency Spyware Guide @ TeamARP Posted !   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1244 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> The Emergency Spyware Guide @ TeamARP Posted ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Emergency Spyware Guide @ TeamARP Posted ! - 11/20/2005 8:04:49 PM   
SiliconFreak

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional

Note : This guide should only be undertaken by those with basic knowledge of computers. Newbies may have problems with this guide.

Is your computer slowing down? Are you getting unsolicited ads? Or are you being redirected to unknown sites? If so, please continue to read on because I'm going to show you how to remove them and how to prevent it from happening again.

First off, let's get a basic definition of spyware/adware/malware. They can simply be defined as any software that covertly gathers information about a user while he/she navigates the Internet and transmits the information to an individual or company that uses it for marketing or other purposes.

There's many different variations of these software. Some are hijackers which basically mean they take over your computer. Some are the stealthy kind, which secretly operate and slow down your computer as they gather information and the like. However, the most common are adwares. This is the kind of spyware that's most annoying. It just displays unsolicited ads even when your Internet browser isn't even open. Very, very annoying.

If you have any of those symptoms - redirections to unknown websites, slowing down of your computer, unsolicited ads, etc.; then your computer is likely to have been infected by spyware.

Now that you have a basic understanding of what they are, let's get on to the steps on removing them!

Full guide here...

Source : TeamARP
Post #: 1
RE: The Emergency Spyware Guide @ TeamARP Posted ! - 11/21/2005 3:30:05 AM   
major9686

great little guide mate ;)

say .. there something thats .. *OMFG its raining !! YAY .. FINALLY ! Im sooo happy*
back to topic :)
on msconfig > startup > I have a V checked next to an empty space .. do you know what is that ? the whole line is empty but you still got a marked box next to it ..

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 2
RE: The Emergency Spyware Guide @ TeamARP Posted ! - 11/21/2005 5:12:06 AM   
SiliconFreak

Dont thank me...thank TeamARP....

So about your problem...i checked around and found that you have nothing to worry about...you may check 2 links below for more detailed info about this...meanwhile...if i sum it up...it should be just a path to non-existant program or something like this...so its not some virus or anything like this....probably you uninstalled some program and it left this line there...so since it does nothing....you may leave it either checked or uncheck it....or even delete it from there so that it wont bother you in the future...all detailed steps to do this are also in one of those 2 links below (in 2nd if i am correct)...

Link1
Link2

Good luck

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 3
RE: The Emergency Spyware Guide @ TeamARP Posted ! - 11/21/2005 5:56:53 AM   
major9686

quote:

ORIGINAL: SiliconFreak

Dont thank me...thank TeamARP....

So about your problem...i checked around and found that you have nothing to worry about...you may check 2 links below for more detailed info about this...meanwhile...if i sum it up...it should be just a path to non-existant program or something like this...so its not some virus or anything like this....probably you uninstalled some program and it left this line there...so since it does nothing....you may leave it either checked or uncheck it....or even delete it from there so that it wont bother you in the future...all detailed steps to do this are also in one of those 2 links below (in 2nd if i am correct)...

Link1
Link2

Good luck

thx mate :) will do that ...
oh .. I LOVE THIS PLACE !!!

Post #: 4
RE: The Emergency Spyware Guide @ TeamARP Posted ! - 11/21/2005 5:59:51 AM   
SiliconFreak

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 5
RE: The Emergency Spyware Guide @ TeamARP Posted ! - 11/21/2005 6:02:27 AM   
major9686

quote:

oh .. it was : NWEReboot dummy.exe ? Temporary file used during the installation of Ahead Nero CD/DVD burning software.

So I deleted the entry from the reg. :)

Post #: 6
RE: The Emergency Spyware Guide @ TeamARP Posted ! - 11/21/2005 7:29:55 AM   
SiliconFreak

dummy.exe [NWEReboot] is a process belonging to Ahead Nero and acts as a temporary file whilst cd writing is in process. This program is non-essential process to the running of the system, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

So i guess it WAS causing you problems...

Dont worry...its ok...just dont end this process while burning something with Nero...

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 7
RE: The Emergency Spyware Guide @ TeamARP Posted ! - 11/21/2005 7:39:04 AM   
major9686

quote:

dummy.exe [NWEReboot] is a process belonging to Ahead Nero and acts as a temporary file whilst cd writing is in process. This program is non-essential process to the running of the system, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

So i guess it WAS causing you problems...

Dont worry...its ok...just dont end this process while burning something with Nero...

what do you mean by endin' it ? I already deleted it from the registery ..
(I backed up the reg. before I done so, should I import the old reg. ?)

Post #: 8
RE: The Emergency Spyware Guide @ TeamARP Posted ! - 11/21/2005 8:43:13 AM   
SiliconFreak

Hahahaha...no no no...no need to backup your registry...

I just said so because i dont know whether Nero starts this file each time it burns a CD or DVD...thats what i thought...that in case it runs it (dummy.exe) when you burn something...that you dont terminate it in task manager...

Like I said...dont worry...everything is ok...no need to panic...

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 9
RE: The Emergency Spyware Guide @ TeamARP Posted ! - 11/21/2005 9:03:15 AM   
major9686

quote:

Hahahaha...no no no...no need to backup your registry...

I just said so because i dont know whether Nero starts this file each time it burns a CD or DVD...thats what i thought...that in case it runs it (dummy.exe) when you burn something...that you dont terminate it in task manager...

Like I said...dont worry...everything is ok...no need to panic...

ok .. ;) bah .. I cant play games :( nothing runs with my onboard VGA :(

Post #: 10
RE: The Emergency Spyware Guide @ TeamARP Posted ! - 11/21/2005 9:43:58 AM   
SiliconFreak

...and thats exactly why i NEVER buy a M/B with onboard VGA....NEVERRRRRRRR!

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 11
RE: The Emergency Spyware Guide @ TeamARP Posted ! - 11/21/2005 10:14:54 AM   
major9686

quote:

...and thats exactly why i NEVER buy a M/B with onboard VGA....NEVERRRRRRRR!

well it was the cheapers mobo .. plus .. it saved me some time gettin a graphic card ..
I can use the VGA onboard to use the pc :) if I didnt got a vga onboard than .. it would have been 2 weeks with no pc for me :)

Post #: 12
RE: The Emergency Spyware Guide @ TeamARP Posted ! - 11/21/2005 12:45:36 PM   
SiliconFreak

Ok I understand you....but anyway...at least on my list...Graphic card always had and always will have higher priority than m/b...so i wouldnt even consider buying a m/b before i bought apropriate graphics card... But then again...thats me...Graphics Silicon Freak...

And yes...I am also aware that computer addiction is very serious thing...so if you would be 2 weeks without your computer...serious problem may appear...it would be life or death situation...HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA... (but then again...i cant live without computer for an hour...so 2 weeks....huhhhhhhhhhhhhh....i rather dont even imagine what would it look like....I would drink 10+ beers per day...smoke 3 packs of Marlboro...had shaking hands and much much more...(and that would be just the beginning of this crisis)....

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News >> The Emergency Spyware Guide @ TeamARP Posted ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI